Nerella Sharada is an Indian politician belonging to the Indian National Congress. She is the first Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) Mahila wing President and All India Mahila Congress Secretary. She is also member of Telangana Pradesh Congress (TPCC) Executive committee. She is an eloquent speaker proficient in Hindi, English, Telugu and Marathi Languages.
Nerella Sharada was born in Karimnagar district in AP.
Nerella Sharada speech at a meeting in New Delhi, was first noticed by Smt.Sonia Gandhi ji, impressed by it she was called on to dais and as a token of appreciation Madam Sonia Gandhi ji has given special invitation for "Simla Vichar Manthan Shivir" at Simla and was subsequently appointed as member, National Silk Board. She became a General Secretary of APCC in 2008.
She was elected as a President of Zilla Parshad in Karimnagar. She is a member-secretary for PCC Ethics Committee. She also worked as a Zilla Parishad Territorial Constituency Member. As a Core Congress devotee she has participated in many agitations and Padayathras. She has fully participated in Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy padayathra, visited many districts and traveled across the state for campaigning. She has campaigned in many state elections along with Rahul Gandhi ji in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Delhi, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. An active participant in Rahul Gandhi's Rythu barosa padayathra at Adilabad district, Telangana. She has visited to Pakistan local governance study tour two times. She has also visited America invited by American govt.
She held many positions in the past, to mention some of them are below:
- Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee General- Secretary
- Member of Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee Executive Committee
- Zilla Parishad Member – 2001 to 2006
- President, District Mahila Congress Committee
- Joint Secretary, Andhra Pradesh State Youth Congress Committee
- General Secretary, Andhra Pradesh State Ethics Committee
- President, District Mahila Sadhikartha Samakya
- Member, District Water Management Agency
- Vice President, Rajiv Gandhi Panchayatraj Sangatan (AP)
- Member, Nehru Yuva Kendra Advisory Board
- Regional Organizer, Women and Child Welfare
- Member, A. P. Censor Board
- Member, Central Silk Board etc.
- secretary All India mahila congress committee
- President Telangana mahila congress committee
- Participated in BCC & DCC Presidents Meet in New Delhi
- Participated in the Simla Vichar Manthan Shivir of the AICC in 2003 invited by Smt. Sonia Gandhi ji, President of AICC
- Visited Pakistan to study the working of the Local Government in that country as a member of the Goodwill Mission in the year 2005
- Visited Pakistan on behalf of the Central Government and attended Symposium in the year 2007
- Visited different states of India and various parts of Andhra Pradesh State as member of Local Body
- Actively participated in the entire “Padayatra” tour of Dr. Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy, the then CLP Leader of Andhra Pradesh
- Participated in Global Network on Local Governance (attended by 17 countries)
- Participated in various other social activities and social work
- Participated in India Brazil South Africa (IBSA) Local Governance Forum. Participated in all the activities taken up by the local governance by Govt. or any authority
- Participated in Mahatma Gandhi Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme meeting convened by Panchayat Raj Ministry to find out the ground problems and to make necessary changes
- Fighting for addressing the atrocities against Women as a Local body representative and as a party representative
- Participated in major discussions taken up to involve agricultural activities with PanchayatRaj Chaired by Sri Rahul Gandhi and Panchayat Raj Minister
- Major Participation in charter (Panchayat Raj issues) made presentation to honorable then Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh ji and Madam Sonia Gandhi ji, UPA Chair Person and the Panchayat Raj Minister. etc