Mika'ela Fisher (born 25 February 1975 in Bavaria, Germany), also known as Mika'Ela Fisher or Mikaela Fisher (the correct spelling of the first name is with an apostrophe ), is a German actress, film director, writer, producer, model, and master tailor. She gained recognition as an actor for her role in the movie Tell No One (Ne le dis à personne). In 2013 she produced and directed her first short film, Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit.
Fisher has worked for the bespoke tailoring house Max Dietl in Munich, having obtained her master's degree as a bespoke tailor. She showcased her work at the world master tailors' convention in Paris (Congrès Mondial des Maitres Tailleurs).
She posed as a model for French painters Boussignac and Hubert de Lartigue; and modeled for many years for the fashion houses Martin Margiela, Hermès, John Galliano, Gilles Rosier, Undercover, Eley Kishimoto, among others.
After years in the fashion world, she tried her hand in acting, following the acting courses of Jack Waltzer and John Strasberg. Fisher's portrayal of Zak, a ruthless killer in Guillaume Canet's Tell No One, was critically acclaimed, especially in the U.S. media.
She started directing in 2013 by the biographical short film Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit (Valiant Hands in the Chaos of Time), for which she is both director, producer and costume designer. This film has been selected at several festivals (Columbus International Film and Video Festival Maverick Movie Awards, Indie Fest, Revelation Perth International Film Festival,...) and was honored with awards in categories such as best director, Best Short Film, best soundtrack, Best of Art, Best Costume Design .
Victory's Short, her second short film as a director and producer, was nominated at the Milan International Film Festival (MIFF Awards 2015).
In her third film Männin, inspired by Martin Luther's Bible, she plays the dual role of Adam and Eve.
Her short movies started a theatrical run on 7 January 2015 and a second time on 16 December 2015 in France.
In the feature documentary L'architecte textile (2017) about sartorial art, she filmed herself while she was making a three-piece suit. As an official selection at the Newport Beach Film Festival 2018 the film was presented at Art Architecture Design program . In Poland at On Art Film Festival 2018 L'architecte textile was honored with the On Art Award (First place - Long Independent). The film was part of the XIIth Florence Biennale.
Elevated Perspective - Haute Mesure (2018) is a very short sketch comedy film, which was produced for the InterContinental Hotel, Los Angeles Downtown.
The follow up is a feature musical dramas, Die Höhenluft - für Alle und Keinen (Pure Air of the Mountain - for All and None).
Fisher is a member of Women in Film and Television.
Filmography as an actress
- 2005: Home Cinema by Philippe Fernandez and Mika'ela Fisher: herself
- 2006: Tell No One by Guillaume Canet: Zak
- 2006: Everyone Is Beautiful John Galliano Show by Nick Knight: Lady Tango Dancer
- 2006: Retour au pays de Merzak Allouache: the artist
- 2007: La promenade by Marina de Van: Prostitute no. 2
- 2008: Lisa by Lorenzo Recio: the mother
- 2008: Anything for Her by Fred Cavayé: tattooed woman
- 2009: The Lost Door by Roy Stuart: Kristina
- 2010: Image particulière by Kevin Sean Michaels: Sophie
- 2011: Boro in the Box by Bertrand Mandico: Ligia
- 2011: Out of Fashion: Maison Martin Margiela by Martin Margiela: Model
- 2012: The Naked Leading the Blind by Wim Vanacker: Martha
- 2013: Star Meter: Cataracte (Video Art) by Mika'Ela Fisher / Philippe Deutsch: Cataract
- 2013: Colt 45 by Fabrice Du Welz: Mika
- 2013: Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit by Mika Ela Fisher: model
- 2014: Victory's Short by Mika'Ela Fisher: Gabrielle Montvignier
- 2014: Entre vents et marées by Josée Dayan: Katarina
- 2015: Männin by Mika'Ela Fisher: Adam / Eva / Männin
- 2015: The Artist Is Absent: A Short Film on Martin Margiela by Alison Chernick: model
- 2017: Odile dans la vallée by Bertrand Mandico and Elina Löwensohn: Odile
- 2017: The Women Collection by Claudio Duarte: Karl Lagerfeld
- 2017: L'architecte textile by Mika'Ela Fisher: Maître Tailleur
- 2018 : Elevated Perspective - Haute Mesure by Mika'Ela Fisher : Maître Tailleur / Mannequin
- 2019 : Un ange au bord de l'océan by Anne Amiand : L'ange
- 2020 : Die Höhenluft - für Alle und Keinen by Mika'Ela Fisher: Angra M.
Filmography as a director
|2013||Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit||Short Film
French Title: Les Mains courageuses dans le chaos du temps English Title: Valiant Hands in the Chaos of Time
|2014||Victory's Short||Short Film|
Nominated – (Best Short Film) Milan International Film Festival Awards MIFF 2015
also Writer/ Producer
Won – The Award of Merit (Women Filmmakers) Accolade Global Film Competition 2015
Nominated – (Best Short Film Avant-garde) American Psychological Association APA Film Festival 2015
|2017||L'architecte textile||Feature Documentary|
also Writer/ Producer
Nominated – Art Architecture Design Newport Beach Film Festival 2018
Won – On Art Award (First place - Long independent) On Art Film Festival 2018
Nominated - Sonoma International Film Festival 2019
Nominated - Art - Design Florence Biennale 2019
|2020||Die Höhenluft - für Alle und Keinen||Feature Film
French Title: L'air de la Montagne - pour tous et pour personne English Title: Pure Air of the Mountain - for All and None
Awards and nominations
- 2018: On Art Award (First place-Long independent) at On Art Film Festival for L'architecte textile
- 2015: Award of Merit (Women Filmmakers) at Accolade Global Film Competition for Männin
- 2015: Award of Merit (Costume Design) at Indie Fest for Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit
- 2015: Award of Recognition (Experimental) at Indie Fest for Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit
- 2015: Award of Merit (Film Short) at Accolade Global Film Competition for Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit
- 2014: Silver Chris Award (Best of Arts) at Columbus International Film and Video Festival for Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit
- 2012: Best supporting actress at American International Film Festival for The Naked Leading the Blind.
- 2019: Film Art Award (Design - Art) at Florence Biennale for L'architecte textile
- 2019: Jury Award (Fashion Feature Film) at Sonoma International Film Festival for L'architecte textile
- 2018: Documentary Award (Art, Architecture & Design) at Newport Beach Film Festival for L'architecte textile
- 2018: Best short film (vertical movie) at Linea d'Ombra Festival for Elevated Perspective - Haute Mesure
- 2015: Best short film at the American Psychological Association APA Film Festival for Männin
- 2015: Best short film at Milan International Film Festival Awards for Victory's Short
- 2013: Best director at Maverick Movie Awards for Die Tapferen Haende im Chaos der Zeit
- 2013: Best actress at Northwest Ohio Independent Film Festival for The Naked Leading the Blind
- 2012: Best supporting actress at Maverick Movie Awards for The Naked Leading the Blind
- PopMatters – The 20 Top Female Performances of 2008 at popmatters