Michael Timothy Curry (born 10 June 1956) is an American musician. He is best known for his long-term collaboration with singer-songwriter Bryan Adams, although he has also worked with Hall & Oates, Cher, Tina Turner, Alice Cooper, David Bowie, Elvis Costello, Sam Phillips, Tom Waits, Survivor, The Cult, Steve Jones, and other musicians.
Mickey Curry was born in New Haven, Connecticut. He started playing drums at age 11 under the tutelage of Nick Forte. When he was 13, he and two of his brothers formed a band called The Rack. At age 17, he joined the Scratch Band in Connecticut.
He played in many local bands until around 1980, when he started working in New York studios. While working in Manhattan, he joined the band Tom Dickie and the Desires, managed by Tommy Mottola, manager of Hall & Oates. Impressed by Curry's work, Mottola asked him to record with Hall & Oates on their album Private Eyes. He subsequently toured with Hall & Oates until 1986.
During the period he was playing with Hall & Oates, Curry met producer Bob Clearmountain, who had recently begun working with a young Bryan Adams, and appeared on Adams' second album, You Want It You Got It. His appearance on nearly all of Adams' subsequent albums coincided with his rise to prominence. Following his stint with Hall & Oates, Curry began touring full time with Adams, a collaboration that continues to this day.
Curry has played for a variety of artists, touring with several of them. In 1987, he was the drummer on Jude Cole's eponymous debut album. In 1989, he joined hard rock band The Cult, eventually performing on several of their albums, including Sonic Temple, which featured "Fire Woman," one of the band's greatest hits.
He is married to his high-school sweetheart Susan. They live in southern Connecticut, where both were born and raised, and maintain, in Curry's words, "a ridiculously low-key, non-rock 'n' roll lifestyle that involves a lot of baseball games and riding my lawn tractor."
- You Want It You Got It - Bryan Adams (1981)
- Cuts Like a Knife - Bryan Adams (1983)
- Reckless - Bryan Adams (1984)
- Downtown - Marshall Crenshaw (1985)
- Spoiled Girl - Carly Simon (1985)
- Rain Dogs - Tom Waits (1985)
- Rockbird - Debbie Harry (1986)
- Break Every Rule - Tina Turner (1986)
- Into the Fire - Bryan Adams (1987)
- The Turning - Sam Phillips (1987)
- Coming Around Again - Carly Simon (1987)
- The Indescribable Wow - Sam Phillips (1988)
- Back to Avalon - Kenny Loggins (1988)
- Yo Frankie - Dion DiMucci (1989)
- Mystery Girl - Roy Orbison (1989)
- Sonic Temple - The Cult (1989)
- Cruel Inventions - Sam Phillips (1991)
- Love Hurts - Cher (1991)
- Hey Stoopid - Alice Cooper (1991)
- Waking Up the Neighbours - Bryan Adams (1991)
- Life Is Messy - Rodney Crowell (1992)
- Martinis & Bikinis - Sam Phillips (1994)
- 18 til I Die - Bryan Adams (1996)
- Falling Into You - Céline Dion (1996)
- On a Day Like Today - Bryan Adams (1998)
- Lara Fabian - Lara Fabian (1999)
- Room Service - Bryan Adams (2004)
- 11 - Bryan Adams (2008)
- Laughing Down Crying - Daryl Hall (2011)
- Tracks of My Years - Bryan Adams (2014)
- Shine a Light - Bryan Adams (2019)