Michael Koch (born July 2, 1982 in Lucerne) is a Swiss film director and actor.
Life and work
Michael Koch was singing in the Basel Boys Choir in his youth, where he achieved his first stage experiences when the choir participated in some opera productions of the Theater Basel. Koch received further stage acting education at the Young Theater of Basel and played a role in the piece Die Schaukel; he then has been invited to the prestigious Vienna Festival.
Michael Koch became internationally known for his starring role as Antonio Carrera in the most successful Swiss movie ever, Ready, steady, Charlie! in 2004.
From 2003 to 2008 he studied Film director at the Academy of Media Arts in Cologne, Germany. His diploma movie was Polar.
In September 2009 he will enact the play Wilde Herzen, which he stages, in Basel at the Cultural center Kaserne Basel.
- 2003: Ready, steady, Charlie! (actor)
- 2005: We Are the Faithful (Wir sind dir treu) (director)
- 2005: Tod einer Ärztin (TV movie)
- 2006: Beckenrand
- 2007: Liebe und Wahn (TV movie)
- 2009: Polar (director and screenplay author)
- 2016: Marija
Awards and nominations
- We Are the Faithful (2005)
- 2005:Madrid International Documentary Film Festival - Audience Award for Best Short Film
- 2005:Madrid International Documentary Film Festival - Special Mention for Best Short Film
- 2006:Clermont-Ferrand film festival - Canal+ Award
- Beckenrand (2006)
- 2006:German Short Film Award - Short Film Award in Gold nomination
- 2006:Swiss Film Prize - nomination for Best Short Film
- Polar (2009)
- 2009: Berlin International Film Festival - DIALOGUE en Perspective - Special Mention