Max Abramovitz (May 23, 1908 – September 12, 2004) was an American architect. He was best known for his work with the New York City firm Harrison & Abramovitz.
Abramovitz was the son of Romanian Jewish immigrant parents. He graduated in 1929 from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign School of Architecture. While a student at Illinois, Abramovitz was a member of the Tau Epsilon Phi fraternity. He later received an M.S. from Columbia University's architecture school in 1931. He also was the recipient of a two-year fellowship at the École des Beaux-Arts in Paris before returning to the US and becoming partners with Wallace Harrison from 1941 to 1976. In 1961, he won the Rome Prize.
Abramovitz died in September 2004 in Pound Ridge, New York, at the age of 96. His drawings and archives are held by the Avery Architectural and Fine Arts Library at Columbia University. Abramovitz also received an honorary Doctorate in Fine Arts from the University of Illinois in 1970.
- for work from 1941 through 1976, also see Harrison & Abramovitz
- Jerome Greene Hall at Columbia University, New York, 1961
- David Geffen Hall at Lincoln Center, originally called Philharmonic Hall, and later Avery Fisher Hall, New York City, 1962
- three buildings for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, including the 1963 State Farm Center (formerly Assembly Hall), at its time the world's largest edge-supported dome, which is 400 feet in diameter and rises 128 feet above the floor, the 1969 Krannert Center for the Performing Arts, and the Hillel building
- Phoenix Mutual Life Insurance Building, Hartford, Connecticut, 1963
- Temple Beth Zion, Buffalo, New York, 1967 images
- the University of Iowa Museum of Art, and the Arts Campus of the University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, 1968 onwards
- the International Affairs Building at Columbia University, New York, 1970
- the U.S. Steel Tower (also known as USX Tower) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, 1970
- National City Tower, Louisville, Kentucky, 1972
- the Tour Gan, La Defense, Paris, France, 1974
- the Learning Research and Development Center building, University of Pittsburgh, 1974
- One SeaGate, Toledo, Ohio, 1982 (as Abramovitz, Harris & Kingsland)
- AEP Building, Columbus, Ohio, 1983 (as Abramovitz, Harris & Kingsland)
- Capitol Square, Columbus, Ohio, 1984 (as Abramovitz, Harris & Kingsland)
- the Hilles Library, a new home for the Radcliffe College Library at Harvard
- the Three Chapels at Brandeis University
- the Rose Art Museum at Brandeis University
- "Jerome Greene Hall - WikiCU, the Columbia University wiki encyclopedia". www.wikicu.com. Retrieved 2016-11-23.
- "International Affairs Building - WikiCU, the Columbia University wiki encyclopedia". www.wikicu.com. Retrieved 2016-11-23.