Marisa Peer is an English best-selling author, nutritionist, relationship therapist, hypnotherapist trainer and motivational speaker. She created Rapid Transformational Therapy known as RTT® as well as authored four books on psychology. She frequently appears on TV, radio and in the press as a weight-loss expert.
Marisa Peer was born in 1957 to Dee Saddler and Ronald Peer.
She studied to become a child psychologist but decided to become a hypnotherapist and psychotherapist instead as she saw results oriented hypnotherapy was ”.
Marisa confessed that for the first 20 years of her life she was struggled with an eating disorder.
After graduating from university, she became an aerobics instructor first at Pineapple Dance Studios (London) and later at Jane Fonda fitness center in Los Angeles.
Being in the middle of the 80’s fitness craze, she soon realized that eating disorders are deeply rooted in the past she retrained as a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist, studying for 3 years at the Hypnotism Training Institute.
In 1988 Marisa returned to London and in 1989 gave birth to her daughter Phaedra. In one of her interviews she recalls that by that moment she felt completely cured of her eating disorders.
As a hypnotherapist she appeared on several TV shows notably Celebrity Fit Club and Supersize vs Superskinny.
In 2013 she became interested in anti-aging and neurobiotics. and in 2014 published “You Can Be Younger” as an alternative to the existing anti-ageing books “focused on cosmetic products and special diets or a younger wardrobe”
- “You Can Be Thin: The Ultimate Programme to End Dieting...Forever” (2008). ISBN 978-0751542950
- “Ultimate Confidence: The Secrets to Feeling Great About Yourself Every Day” (2009). ISBN 978-1847441386
- “Trying to get Pregnant (and Succeeding)” (2012). ISBN 978-1469942179
- “You Can Be Younger: Use the power of your mind to look and feel 10 years younger in 10 simple steps” (2014). ISBN 978-0349402826
Marisa Peer first television appearance was on 2004 in the popular British show Celebrity Fit Club (season 2) where she joined the panel of experts.
In 2005, she was a resident hypnotherapist on the US version of Celebrity Fit Club.
In 2008 Marisa joined Supersize vs Superskinny show team as a nutritionist and weight-loss expert and helped TV presenter Anna Richardson lose weight.
In 2013 she appeared as a nutritionist in Channel 5 documentary “50 Shocking Facts About Diet + Exercise”.
Other TV shows shere Marisa Peer appeared include This Morning, BBC News and I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!.
By August 2017 Marisa Peer gave 2 TEDx talks: “How to Avoid Rejection and Get Connection” (Goodenough College, May 9th, 2014) and “To reach beyond your limits by training your mind” (King's College School, June 2014).
Awards, nominations and recognition
In May 2006 Marisa was named “Best British Therapist” by Men’s Health magazine.
In 2007 she was featured in Tatler’s Guide to Britain’s 250 Best Doctors.
Marisa has a daughter Phaedra (born in 1989), who is a contemporary artist and illustrator.
Marisa is married to a British entrepreneur John Davy.
- Marisa drives silver Mercedes SLK, jokingly admitting that this is a feature of a midlife crisis: “at 50, you still look pretty good driving around, but in your 60s you might not be able to even get into a low-slung sports car”.
- In one of her newspaper articles Marisa mentions that she doesn’t have breakfast at regular time and prefers to eat when she feels hungry.