peoplepill id: margel-hinder
|From||United States of America Australia|
|Birth||4 January 1905, New York City|
The details (from wikipedia)
Margel Ina Hinder (1906–1995) was an Australian-American modernist sculptor, noted for her public works in the Australian modernist abstraction. Hinder's work outside the Reserve Bank of Australia was commissioned after she won an international competition for sculptors in 1961 . Hinder's acknowledged master work is the water sculpture in Newcastle, New South Wales's Civic Park .
Hinder's husband was Frank Hinder, with whom she has had two restrospective exhibits (1973 and 1992). Frank and Margel Hinder are the subject of a biography by Renee Free .
- 1939 Man with jackhammer, National Gallery of Victoria in Melbourne
- 1949 Garden Sculpture, Art Gallery of New South Wales in Sydney
- 1959 Abstract Sculpture, Sydney
- 1963 Revolving Sphere, Monaro Mall in Canberra
- 1964 Free-Standing Sculpture, Reserve Bank of Australia in Sydney
- 1966 Captain James Cook Memorial Fountain, Civic Park in Newcastle
- 1970 Sculptured Form, Woden Town Square in Canberra
- 1973 Free-Standing Sculpture, Telecommunication Building in Adelaide
comments so far.