|Intro||Electress consort of Brandenburg|
|A.K.A.||Margaret of Saxony, Margaret of Wettin|
|Death||13 July 1501 (Spandau)|
Margaret of Saxony (1449 – 13 July 1501) was a German noblewoman, Electress of Brandenburg by marriage.
She was the daughter of William III, Duke of Luxemburg, and Anne, Duchess of Luxembourg.
Family and children
On 15 August 1476, in Berlin, she married John Cicero, Elector of Brandenburg. They had the following children:
- Wolfgang, born and died 1482.
- Joachim I Nestor (21 February 1484–11 July 1535), Elector Brandenburg.
- Elisabeth, born and died 1486.
- Albert (1490, Berlin–24 September 1545, Mainz), Cardinal since 1518, Archbishop of Magdeburg in 1513-14, Archbishop of Mainz in 1514-45.
- Anna (27 August 1487, Berlin–3 May 1514, Kiel), married 10 April 1502 to the future King Frederick I of Denmark (she was never queen consort, since she died before her husband's accession).
- Ursula (17 October 1488–18 September 1510, Güstrow), married 16 February 1507 to Henry V, Duke of Mecklenburg.
Margaret of Thuringia
House of WettinBorn: 1449 Died: 13 July 1501
|Preceded by |
Anna of Saxony
|Electress consort of Brandenburg |
11 March 1486 – 9 January 1499
Title next held byElizabeth of Denmark