|Birth||9 August 1767 (Rudolstadt)|
|Death||28 April 1807 (Rudolstadt)|
Louis Frederick II, Prince of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (Rudolstadt, 9 August 1767 – Rudolstadt, 28 April 1807) was from 1793 to 1807 reigning Prince of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt.
Louis Frederick was born on 9 August 1767 in Rudolstadt and was the second child and first son of the then Hereditary Prince Frederick Charles of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt and his first wife Princess Auguste of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt. At that time his grandfather Louis Günther II was ruling over the principality. In 1789 Louis Frederick and his brother Karl Günther went to Geneva and other destinations for their education. During this journey they learned about the events of the French Revolution.
On July 21, 1791 in Homburg he married Caroline of Hesse-Homburg, daughter of Frederick V, Landgrave of Hesse-Homburg.
From the marriage of the Prince with Caroline were born the following children:
- Princess Carolina Augusta of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1792–1794)
- Friedrich Günther (1793–1867), Prince of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
- ∞ 1. 1816 Princess Auguste of Anhalt-Dessau (1793–1854),
- ∞ 2. 1855 Princess Helena von Anhalt-Dessau (1835–1860),
- ∞ 3. 1861 Lydia Maria Schultze (1840–1909),
- Princess Thekla of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1795–1861),
- ∞ 1817 Otto Victor, Prince of Schönburg-Waldenburg (1785–1859),
- Princess Caroline of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (*/† 1796),
- Albert (1798–1869), Prince of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt
- ∞ 1827 Princess Auguste Luise of Solms-Braunfels (1804–1865),
- Prince Bernhard of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1801–1816),
- Prince Rudolf of Schwarzburg-Rudolstadt (1801–1808).