Leora Dana (April 1, 1923 in New York City, New York – December 13, 1983 in New York City, New York) was an American film, stage and television actress.
Dana was a graduate of Barnard College and the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art.
In 1947, Dana made her stage debut in London. In 1948, she debuted on Broadway in The Madwoman of Chaillot.
After appearing in the 1957 western 3:10 to Yuma with Van Heflin and Glenn Ford, Dana had supporting roles in two 1958 Frank Sinatra films; Kings Go Forth and Some Came Running. Her other film credits included Pollyanna (1960), A Gathering of Eagles (1963), The Group (1966), The Boston Strangler (1968), Change of Habit (1969), Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970), Wild Rovers (1971), Shoot the Moon (1982), Baby It's You (1983), and Amityville 3-D (1983).
Dana guest-starred in three episodes of the television series Alfred Hitchcock Presents. In 1961, Dana appeared in an episode ("The Scott Machine") of the television series The Asphalt Jungle, and later appeared in the 1977 miniseries Seventh Avenue. In 1978-1979, Dana played the role of alcoholic clothing designer Sylvie Kosloff, the biological mother of villainess Iris Cory (Beverlee McKinsey) on the NBC daytime soap opera "Another World".
Dana won the Tony Award for Best Performance by a Featured Actress in a Play in 1973 for The Last of Mrs. Lincoln and the Clarence Derwent Award for her work in The Madwoman of Chaillot.
Dana was married to actor Kurt Kasznar from 1950 to 1958; the childless union ended in divorce.
Dana died of cancer, aged 60, December 13, 1983. She was survived by a sister, Doris Dana.
- Valley of the Kings (1954) - Lovely Girl (uncredited)
- 3:10 to Yuma (1957) - Mrs. Alice Evans
- Kings Go Forth (1958) - Mrs. Blair
- Some Came Running (1958) - Agnes Hirsh
- Pollyanna (1960) - Mrs. Paul Ford
- A Gathering of Eagles (1963) - Mrs. Evelyn Fowler
- The Group (1966) - Mrs. Renfrew
- The Boston Strangler (1968) - Mary Bottomly
- Change of Habit (1969) - Mother Joseph
- Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970) - Mrs. Kramer
- Wild Rovers (1971) - Nell Buckman
- Shoot the Moon (1982) - Charlotte DeVoe
- Baby It's You (1983) - Miss Vernon, Teacher
- Amityville 3-D (1983) - Emma Caswell
- Nothing Lasts Forever (1984) - Joyce (final film role)
|1952||Grand Central Station||Seed of Doubt|