|Is||Engineer Metallurgist Activist|
|Birth||9 August 1945, Dnipro, Ukraine|
Leonid Shkolnyk (August 9, 1945, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine) - Chairman "Consumer Union of Ukraine" (2003), Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Association "Ukrinterstandard" (2004), President of the International Academy of Standardization (2009), State Prize Winner USSR in science and technology (1988), Honored worker of Industry of Ukraine (1995), Honorary Doctor of Odessa state Academy of technical Regulation and quality, Professor (since 2007) Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Odessa state Academy of technical Regulation and quality (from 2011).
Education and Scientific Activities
In 1963, Shkolnyk graduated from the Dnipropetrovsk industrial technical specialty "technician-metallurgist."
In 1977, he graduated from Dnipropetrovsk Metallurgical Institute with a degree as an "engineer-metallurgist."
He was an Academic of the Ukrainian Technological Academy (2003), an Honorary Doctor of Odessa State Academy of Technical Regulation and Quality, and a Professor (2007).
He is the author of the monograph "Fundamentals of the concept of national food security of Ukraine" (2005), co-author with N. Azarov and L. Kolomiets of the monograph "Technical aspects of public policy of consumer protection" (2007). He co-authored the textbook "Principles of Food Safety Management" (2007) with J. Melnyk and V. Novikov.
He took the position of Chairman of the Editorial Board of the legal collection "Consumer Law of Ukraine" in 2004.
Professional and Government Activities
- 1963—1964 — worked at the steel mill im.Petrovskoho (Dnipropetrovsk).
- 1964—1967 — Conscription in the Armed Forces of the USSR.
- 1967—1990 — Ukrainian State Institute for Designing of metal works.
- 1990—1998 — Director General of "Association of the Dnieper."
- 1998—2000 — Deputy Chairman of State Committee of Ukraine for consumer protection.
- 2000—2002 — Director General of the enterprise association "Association of the Pridneprovie"
- 2002—2005 — Chairman of State Committee of Ukraine for technical regulation and consumer policy.
- Since 2003— I-state officer rank.
- 2004—2005 — Representative of Ukraine to the Council of International Organization for Standardization - ISO.
Social and Political Activities
For a long time, he worked in local government as a deputy and he was the first deputy Chairman of the Jovtnevuj council of Dnipropetrovsk, a member of the executive committees of Jovtnevuj District Council of Dnipropetrovsk and Dnipropetrovsk City Council.
Between 1999 and 2002 he has been a Member of the Political Council, vice chairman of the party Interregional Bloc of Reforms. In the years 1997-2002 he was also an out-of-staff Advisor to the President of Ukraine.
Since 2010 he is an Advisor to the Prime Minister of Ukraine on a voluntary basis.
In 1999, he created and headed the public organization "The Consumer Union”, Dnipropetrovsk. In 2003, he initiated the creation and was elected Chairman of the Ukrainian public organization "The Consumer Union of Ukraine."
- 2002—2005 — Vice-Chairman of the Interagency Council on Consumer Affairs under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- 2002—2005 — Vice-Chairman of Standards Council at the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- 2003—2005 — Member of the Commission on improving the legislation on foreign economic activity of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- 2004—2005 — Member of the Coordination Committee on Combating Corruption and Organized Crime under the President of Ukraine.
- 2004—2005 — Vice-Chairman of the Council on advertising under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- 2004—2005 — Member of the Interagency Commission on biological and genetic safety at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine.
- 2006—2007 — Secretary of National Council of Consumer Affairs under the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
- 2007—2011 — Chairman of the Public Council of Derzhspozhyvstandart of Ukraine.
From 2011 he has been a Member of the Coordinating Council of Quality and Safety of life at the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
For many years he was a member of the Board of Trade and Economic Cooperation USA-CIS.
He was awarded the Order of Prince Yaroslav the Wise V degree (2004), Diploma of the Supreme Rada of Ukraine (2010) and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2004), Diploma of the Supreme Rada of Ukraine (2004).
Award-winning Soviet Union and Ukraine, medals and chivalrous Commander Order of St. Gregory the Great Vatican State (2004).
All-Ukrainian Foundation of promoting international communication was given the honorary title of "National Ambassador of Ukraine" (2007).
He has received numerous awards: the Order, medals and awards of state and local authorities of Ukraine, churches of various denominations, international committees, associations, foundations and others.
President of the media holding “Consumer Media Group”.
Chairman of the editorial boards of journals “Consumer+Market”, “Consumer+Power” .
Author of a number of inventions, monographs and textbooks, scientific, and social and journalistic materials - brochures, articles and more.
- Site of «Consumer Union of Ukraine”.
- The site of the Association "Ukrinterstandard"
- Decree of President of Ukraine on appointment of Chairman Leonid Shkolnik Derzhspozhivstandard Ukraine
- Decree of the President of Ukraine "On the appointment of L. Shkolnik representative of Ukraine to the Council of the International Organization for Standardization (ISO)"
- "Who's Who in Ukraine," publisher, 2004, "K.I.S"
- Leonid Shkolnyk: in Ukraine since 2006 there is no state program for protection the rights of consumers