Klemens Hallmann (born 1976 in Vienna, Austria) is an Austrian entrepreneur and investor. He is founder and sole owner of Hallmann Holding, one of the larger private real estate companies in Austria. Hallmann Holding specialises in the sales, renovation and development of real estate projects, in addition to a wide-ranging portfolio of investments including finance and film production.
Hallmann comes from a modest background in Vienna. Beginning at an early age, he started his business life working for various computer companies while still at school. Finishing business college at the age of 17, he started his first business, importing and exporting computer components. Using the profits from this, he was able to make his first investment in real estate in 1996. One year later, he founded Klemens Hallmann Real Estate Company, which was the beginning of today's operation, Hallmann Holding International Investment Ltd. This company, of which Hallmann is the sole owner, is one of the largest private real estate development companies in Austria, owning a wide range of residential and commercial properties throughout the country. In addition, Hallmann Holding is a major shareholder in a wide range of other companies operating in areas such as investment banking, health research, film production and lifestyle. The company and its combined assets are worth over several hundred million Euros.
Hallmann is a patron and collector of modern art and his collection includes works by Andy Warhol, Gerhard Richter, Damian Hirst and Gottfried Helnwein. He also supports national and international upcoming artists.
Klemens Hallmann is a key shareholder and supervisory board member of the film production company Filmhouse Germany AG along with its subsidiaries, Summerstorm Entertainment and Egolli Tossel Film. Several movies of the above mentioned production companies, as well as their contributing actors, have received prestigious awards and nominations. In 2010 Helen Mirren and Christopher Plummer were nominated at the 82nd Academy Awards and the 67th Golden Globe Awards for their performance in the movie "The last station". The movie and its contributors were nominated an additional 15 times and received a total of 3 awards. In 2011 the TV miniseries "Carlos" was nominated 36 times and won 17 awards, amongst others at the 68th Golden Globe Award for "Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television". In 2014 the movie "Rush" was awarded 6 times and nominated 57 times. One of the major nominations was for the 71st Golden Globe Awards in the category "Best Motion Picture – Drama". In total, the movies that were realized by these three production companies, as well as the contributing actors’ performances, were nominated over 210 times and won more than 70 international awards in the past 10 years.
Beside his numerous entrepreneurial activities, Hallmann is committed to supporting various non-profit organizations such as the African Aids Federation (in cooperation with the UNODC). In addition, he has been a member of the advisory board of the Don Bosco Children's Foundation since 2008 and is a supporter of numerous other aid organizations.
- Hallmann Holding International Investment Gmbh, Founder and CEO
- SAVE REAL ESTATE Vienna GmbH, Founder and CEO
- HSRE Holding Kft., Founder and CEO
- Devcon One Gmbh, Co-Founder and Joint CEO
- SÜBA Beteiligungs Aktiengesellschaft, key shareholder and member of the advisory board
- Lulalend, South Africa-based online lending platform, key shareholder
- Mag Force AG, Shareholder
- C-Quadrat, international asset management company, key shareholder and member of the advisory board
- JDC Group AG, key shareholder and member of the advisory board
- Film House Germany AG, key shareholder and member of the advisory board
- Summerstorm Entertainment
- Egoli Tossel New Film GmbH
- 15 additional Real Estate companies
- "Hallmann greift nach Süba | Immobilien Magazin". www.immobilien-magazin.at. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "Lulalend Raises New Round of Funding to Support Credit Access for Small Businesses in South Africa". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "EANS-Hauptversammlung: C-QUADRAT Investment AG / Ergebnisse zur Hauptversammlung"
- "Immobilieninvestor Hallmann stockt bei C-Quadrat auf" in fondsprofessionell 2015-06-10
- "JDC Group AG – Hauptversammlung 2016".
- Vice-President of the Austrian-United Arab Emirates Society
- Member of advisory board at Don Bosco Children's Foundation
- 2016: Deutschland. Dein Selbstporträt (Executive Producer)
- 2016: The Exception (fka "The Kaiser's Last Kiss", Executive Producer)
- 2015: Frankenstein (Producer)
- 2015: I Smile Back (Co-Producer)
- 2015: 3 Türken und ein Baby (Executive Producer)
- 2014: Coming In (Executive Producer)
- 2014: Big Game (2014 film)(Associate Producer)
- 2014: Hector and the Search for Happiness (film) (Executive Producer)
- 2013: The Devil's Violinist (Associate Producer)
- Rank, Elisabeth (2016-07-18). ""Deutschland. Dein Selbstporträt": Da bin ja ich!". Die Zeit. ISSN 0044-2070. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "Xavier Samuel's Modern-day ‘Frankenstein’ Bought for U.S. by Alchemy" in Variety 2015-04-22
- Foundas, Scott (2015-01-26). "Sundance Film Review: 'I Smile Back'". Variety. Retrieved 2016-05-27.
- "Film Review: ‘Hector and the Search for Happiness’" in Variety 2015-08-16