|Intro||German board game designer|
|Known for||The Settlers of Catan, Barbarossa, Hoity Toity, Drunter und Drüber|
|Birth||25 June 1952, Rai-Breitenbach, Germany|
Klaus Teuber (born June 25, 1952) is a German designer of board games.
He won the Spiel des Jahres award four times, for The Settlers of Catan, Barbarossa, Drunter und Drüber and Adel Verpflichtet.
Teuber's By Hook or Crook, published by Avalon Hill in 1991, was an early import of a German-style game into the American market.
Teuber retired from his profession as a dental technician to become a full-time game designer in 1999. As of 2007, he lives in Darmstadt with his wife Claudia. They have two sons, Guido and Benny.
- The Settlers of Catan (and its many expansions, as well as the video game version, Catan)
- The Settlers of Canaan, a legally licensed and biblically-oriented version of Catan. It is not clear whether Teuber or someone else developed this edition.
- Löwenherz or Domaine
- Drunter und Drüber
- Adel Verpflichtet (Hoity Toity, Hook or Crook, Fair Means or Foul)
- Pop Belly Pigs
- Erilich Hossenfeffer
- Licht und Schatten - 1988
- Rivals for Catan (Card game inspired by the original, The Settlers of Catan)
- Going Cardboard (Documentary, includes an interview with Teuber)