|Intro||Austrian actor and writer|
|Is||Film director Author Writer Librettist Actor Television actor|
|Field||Film, TV, Stage & Radio Literature Music|
|Birth||17 September 1969, Rum, Austria|
Klaus Händl (born 1969 in Rum, Tyrol, Austria), also known as Händl Klaus, is an Austrian actor, writer and film director.
Händl was born in Rum, near Innsbruck. He started his theater career as an actor in Vienna's Schauspielhaus. His first theatrical production, which he also directed, was premiered in the Styrian Autumn Festival Steirischer Herbst at Graz. He has also appeared in several movies.
As a director, he made the feature films Marz in 2008, and Tomcat (Kater) in 2016, both of which were credited as Händl Klaus. Händl is a theater and film professor at the University of Applied Arts Vienna. He lives in Vienna, Berlin, and Port am Bielersee, Switzerland.
- 1994: Legenden. 35 Prosastücke. Droschl Literaturverlag Graz
- 1995: Satz Bäurin. Klagenfurter Texte. Piper Verlag
- 1996: Kleine Vogelkunde. Radio play. ORF
- 2001: Ich ersehne die Alpen; So entstehen die Seen. Play. Rowohlt Verlag
- 2002: Häftling von Mab. Libretto; music: Eduard Demetz, Theater of Tyrol
- 2006: Dunkel lockende Welt. Play. Kammerspiele of Munich, Theater Biel-Solothurn in Switzerland, Burgtheater of Vienna. Rowohlt Verlag
- 2006: Vom Mond. Libretto. State Theater of Tyrol
- 2006: Stücke. Theater plays. Droschl Literaturverlag Graz
- 2007: Wilde – Der Mann mit den traurigen Augen. Theater Basel Kleine Bühne
- 2008: Dunkel lockende Welt. State Theater of Tyrol
- 2008: März. Feature film
- 2016: Tomcat (Kater). Feature film
In 1996 he received an award for the Radio Play of the Year from the Austrian Broadcasting Service ORF. Other awards include the Rauriser Literaturpreis (Austria) and the Robert-Walser-Preis (Germany).
- 1995: Robert-Walser-Preis, Rauriser Literaturpreis
- 1996: ORF-Hörspielpreis "Radio Play of the Year"
- 2002: Subsidy of the Literarisches Colloquium Berlin
- 2002: Hermann-Lenz-Stipendium (subsidy)
- 2004: Nestroy Theatre Prize nomination as best young playwright
- 2005: Theater prize of the Cultural Circle of the German Economy
- 2006: Playwright of the Year by the magazine Theater heute ("Theater Today")
- 2007: Literature subsidies of Tyrol, Welti Dramatikerpreis of the city of Bern for playwrights, Feldkircher Lyrikpreis
- 2008: Silver Leopard for the best debut feature at the Locarno International Film Festival, for the movie März
- 2008: Culture Award of the city of Biel
- 2008: Special Award of the Jury at the Sarajevo Film Festival for the movie März
- 2008: Berner Filmpreis for the movie März
- 2016: Teddy Award for the movie Tomcat (Kater)