peoplepill id: karl-heinz-langer
German fighter ace and Knight's Cross recipient
|Intro||German fighter ace and Knight's Cross recipient|
|Was||Military officer Soldier Officer|
|Birth||19 April 1914, Görlitz|
|Death||6 May 1955, Remscheid (aged 41 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
Karl-Heinz Langer (19 April 1914 – 6 May 1955) was a German Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. During his career he was credited with 30 aerial victories in 486 missions, 10 on the Western Front and 20 on the Eastern Front.
- Aviator badge
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (12 August 1944)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- German Cross in Gold on 26 July 1944 as Hauptmann in the III./Jagdgeschwader 3
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 20 April 1945 as Major and Gruppenkommandeur of the III./Jagdgeschwader 3 "Udet"
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 269.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 232.
comments so far.