|Intro||German comedian, singer and television presenter|
|Is||Actor Television presenter Comedian Singer|
|Field||Film, TV, Stage & Radio Humor Music|
|Birth||1 February 1941, Emden|
Karl Bernhard Dall (born 1 February 1941 in Emden, Germany) is a German comedian, singer and television presenter. His distinctive 'hanging' eye is caused by an inborn Ptosis.
Karl Dall is the son of a school rector and a teacher. He married his wife Barbara in 1971. They have one daughter, Janina who works as a stuntwoman in Canada. Karl Dall has two sisters and a brother. He lives in Hamburg-Eppendorf.
Karl Dall left school after the 10th grade and accomplished an apprenticeship as a typesetter in a print shop in the town of Leer, East Frisia.
Together with Ingo Insterburg, Jürgen Barz and Peter Ehlebracht he founded in 1967 the comedy group Insterburg & Co.of which he was a member until it ceased to exist in the 1970s. Moreover, he created the TV show Musikladen for Radio Bremen and has since then been working for television broadcasters.
From 1983 until 1990 he used to appear in the hidden camera comedy show Verstehen Sie Spaß?, playing for example a chaotic film presenter or a telephone prankster.
In the German radio broadcast of Radio Luxemburg (RTL) he presented his own comedy show and was also among the first TV-presenters of television channel RTLplus. There he had his own talkshow named Dall-As which was aired from 19 January 1985 until the end of 1991. The concept was to irritate and provoke the guests. On 4 January 1992 he continued this show at the rivalling television channel Sat.1 as Jux und Dallerei.
From 1991 until 1993 he presented the game show Koffer Hoffer on television channel Tele 5. In this show lost luggage, of which the owner could not be identified anymore, was auctioned to the candidates. Later he was member of the initial ensemble of the comedy show 7 Tage, 7 Köpfe. The spontaneous Karl Dall left the show after a few years due to differences of opinion with Rudi Carrell who always scheduled his shows meticulously.
In September 2006 his autobiography titled Auge zu und durch (Eye shut and through) was published.
- 1963: Apache Gold
- 1964: The Sheriff Was a Lady
- 1967: Hotel Clausewitz
- 1968: Quartett im Bett
- 1969: Charleys Onkel
- 1970: Der Bettenstudent oder: Was mach’ ich mit den Mädchen?
- 1970: Hänsel und Gretel verliefen sich im Wald
- 1974: Chapeau Claque
- 1980: Panische Zeiten
- 1983: Gib Gas – Ich will Spass (de)
- 1983: Das verrückte Strandhotel a.k.a. Dirndljagd am Kilimandscharo
- 1983: Sunshine Reggae auf Ibiza
- 1984: Ein irres Feeling
- 1985: Drei und eine halbe Portion
- 1988: Starke Zeiten
- 1989: Die Senkrechtstarter
- 1999: Hans im Glück
- 2001: König der Winde (Short)
- 2003: Suche impotenten Mann fürs Leben
- 2006: Rotkäppchen – Wege zum Glück (TV film)
- 2008: African Race – Die verrückte Jagd nach dem Marakunda (TV film)
- 1994: Preis der beleidigten Zuschauer (literally "Award of the offended viewers") (Link to article on German-language Wikipedia)
- 1999: Deutscher Comedypreis Ehrenpreis für sein Lebenswerk (honorary award for his lifetime achievements)