Dr. Kapil Deva Dvivedi is the director of Vishva Bharati Research Institute, and a noted Sanskrit scholar in India. He has published over 70 books on Vedic and Sanskrit Literature. In 1991 he was awarded a Padma Shri for Literature & Education.
He has received several awards for his contribution in Sanskrit Grammar.
Some of his awarded books are:
- Artha-Vigyana Aur Vyakarana-Darshana
- Sanskrit Vyakarana
- Sanskrit Nibandha Shatakam
- Rashtra Gitanjalih
- Bhakti Kusumanjalih
- Atharva Veda ka Sanskritik Adhyayana
- Vedon Men Ayurveda
- Atma Vijnanam
- Vedon Men Rajniti Shastra
- Vedon men Vigyan
- Sanskrit Vyakaran evam Laghusiddhantkaumudi
Family Background - His native place was Gyanpur (U.P). He has 7 children - 2 daughters and 5 sons. There name - Bhartendu, Dharmendu, Gyanendu, Vishwendu, Aryendu