Joseph Prince (born 15 May 1963) is the evangelist and senior pastor of New Creation Church based in Singapore. He was one of the church's founders in 1983.
Joseph Prince, the son of a Sikh priest of Indian origin and a Chinese mother, spent his primary school years in Perak, Malaysia. He studied at Commonwealth Secondary School and completed his A levels at a private school, Our Lady of Lourdes.
He adopted the name, Joseph Prince while serving as an IT consultant, just before being appointed senior pastor in 1990.
Prince has preached at churches in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Italy, Indonesia, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa and the United States.
Prince's TV program Destined to Reign is broadcast in more than 150 countries. His broadcast program is also streamed online through the Internet and podcasts.
Prince publishes books, CDs and DVDs. He has also been featured in Charisma magazine.
On 5 October 2008, in an interview with the Sunday Times, Prince, also the executive chairman of the church council, acknowledged that he was "well-paid" with his salary going up $50,000 a month.
On 30 March 2009, The Straits Times reported that the church had paid one employee between $500,001 and $550,000 in its last financial year. Under the recommendations of the Code of Governance for charities then, all charities and non-profit organisations in Singapore were encouraged to disclose the salary bands of their top executives to the Commissioner of Charities. While not confirming the identity of the employee, the church responded that its policy is to "recognize and reward key contributors to the church and Senior Pastor Prince is the main pillar of our church's growth and revenue." On 15 April 2009, Deacon Matthew Kang, the church chairman, responded that it was not a public charity and did not solicit public donations, asserting that "there is absolutely no compulsion to give whether in tithes or offerings, and any giving is done out of a willing heart", and that "every giver is appreciated and it is taken in good faith that he believes in the elected leadership and will trust them to make good decisions for the particular church he has chosen to attend, whether as a member or a visitor."
In October 2014, a list published by entertainment website richestlifestyle.com placed Prince as the 10th richest pastor in the world, with a reported net worth of S$6.4 million (£3.13 million). New Creation Church denied the report, claiming that his actual net worth was "substantially lower" than the reported figure and that it regarded Prince's net worth as "personal in nature".
Joseph Prince is married to Wendy Prince. They have a daughter, Jessica Shayna Prince, and a son, Justin David Prince.
- Destined to Reign: The Secret to Effortless Success, Wholeness and Victorious Living (2007)
- Right Place Right Time (2008)
- Unmerited Favor: Your Supernatural Advantage for a Successful Life (2010)
- 100 Days of Favor: Daily Readings from Unmerited Favor (2011)
- The Benjamin Generation (2011)
- Health and Wholeness Through the Holy Communion (2011)
- Healing Promises (2012)
- Provision Promises (2013)
- The Power of Right Believing (2013)
- Grace Revolution: Experience the Power to Live Above Defeat (2015)
- Glorious Grace: 100 Daily Readings from Grace Revolution (2015)
- The Prayer of Protection: Living Fearlessly in Dangerous Times (2016)
- Live the Let-Go Life: Breaking Free from Stress, Worry, and Anxiety (2017)
- No More Mind Games: Win Over Discouragement and Depression (2018)
- Anchored: Finding Peace in The Storms of Life (2018)