Josef Harpe (21 September 1887 – 14 March 1968) was a German general during World War II who commanded the 9th Army. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords of Nazi Germany.
Harpe served on the Eastern Front, where he commanded XXXXI Panzer Corps and the 9th Army. From September 1944 to January 1945 Army Group A, when he was relieved of his command due to the inability of German forces to stop the Soviet Vistula–Oder Offensive. He ended the war commanding the 5th Panzer Army on Western Front.
- Iron Cross (1914) 2nd Class (21 September 1914) & 1st Class (3 September 1915)
- Wound Badge (1914) in Black (20 May 1918)
- Wehrmacht Long Service Award 1st Class (2 October 1936)
- Clasp to the Iron Cross (1939) 2nd and 1st Class
- Knight's Cross on 13 August 1941 as Generalmajor and commander of the 12. Panzer-Division
- Oak Leaves on 31 December 1941 as Generalmajor and commander of the 12. Panzer-Division
- Swords on 15 September 1943 as General der Panzertruppe and commanding general of the XXXXI. Panzerkorps
- German Cross in Gold on 19 February 1943 as General der Panzertruppe and commanding general of the XXXXI.Panzerkorps