Johnathan Walton is a Jamaican born, four-time Emmy Award winning, comedic TV reporter, stand-up comedian and TV producer. His TV career began at WSVN-TV the FOX affiliate in Miami, Florida as a Special Projects segment producer. He later moved to San Antonio, Texas to be the Comedy TV reporter at KABB-TV the city’s FOX affiliate and then he did a 5-year Comedy TV reporter stint at CBS in Houston. Currently he’s living in Los Angeles writing, doing stand-up comedy and producing TV Shows for networks like ABC, NBC, History, HGTV, TLC, The Cartoon Network and Reelz Channel.
- Born in 1974 on the Caribbean Island of Jamaica, he was raised by his Jamaican-Lebanese mother and grandmother.
- Attended Prep School in Kingston, Jamaica
- In 1992 at the age of 17, Walton graduated from Campion College, a Jamaican high school extolling the virtues of a British Colonial education.
- Johnathan moved to South Florida to attend Broward Community College.
- Graduated two years later with an Associate of Arts Degree in Television and Radio Broadcasting
- Moved to Orlando, Florida to attend University of Central Florida for two years.
- Finished degree at Florida International University in Miami with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Broadcasting.
- Hired in 1998 at FOX Miami(WSVN-TV) as a Special Projects Segment producer.
- Hired at KABB FOX 29 in San Antonio on June 5, 2000 as Comedic TV Reporter.
- Had a 3-minute segment titled "Walton's Window"
- One year and eight months later, he was hired at KHOU-TV, the CBS affiliate in Houston, to be the Comedic TV reporter on 11 News This Morning, where he worked until July 2007.
- Currently writing and producing TV shows for The Cartoon Network and The History Channel
Walton has self-produced six 30 minute primetime specials for KHOU. The titles and dates they aired are;
- Christmas in Walton's World - December 2002 - Won Emmy
- The Best of Walton's World - December 2003 - Won Emmy
- The Best of Walton's World Strikes Back - December 2004 - Won Emmy
- Walton's World Gone Wild - December 2005 - Won Emmy
- The Best of Walton's World: Summer Blowout - August 2006
- Walton Prime - December 2006
Walton has hosted many events in the Houston area Including
- 2005 MTM Texas Music Awards
Houston Chronicle columnist Ken Hoffman has frequently referred to Walton as a "class clown" and writes "he's not funny." He says that Walton is the weakness of KHOU.
- Has won four Regional Emmys for his Primetime TV Specials for CBS Houston.
- 2006 Emmy for Walton's World Gone Wild aired Dec. 2005. KHOU-TV Houston Johnathan Walton, Reporter
- 2005 Emmy for The Best of Walton's World Strikes Back aired Dec. 2004.
KHOU-TV Houston Johnathan Walton, Reporter
- 2004 Emmy for The Best of Walton's World Gone Wild
KHOU-TV Johnathan Walton, Reporter
- 2003 Emmy for Christmas in Walton's World show.
- Gave his first Emmy to his mom, who put it on her mantel.
- 2004 Texas Associated Press Broadcasters First Place Light Feature.
- Numerous Houston Press Club Lone Star Awards
- 2003 Houston Chronicle Award for "Baffoon." Described as "A pudgy, puckish clown for the 21st century,"
- 2006 Houston Chronicle Award for Funny Person on Local TV. Described as "tickles us best"
- His TV webseries "Some Stupid Show" http://www.somestupidshow.com/