Deacon John Stone (1765–1834) was an early citizen of Middlebury, Connecticut. He owned a saw mill, and was one of the early members of the Middlebury Congregational Church.
John Stone was born on March 17, 1765, in Milford, Connecticut, to Samuel Mansfield Stone and Sarah Stone. He was descended from the Samuel Stone, a founder of Hartford, Connecticut.
In Middlebury, he was an owner of the saw mill on Eight Mile Brook near his house. Today, all that remains of this mill are the granite foundations.
He joined the Middlebury Congregational Church on March 22, 1796, approximately a month after its founding. He was elected and served as Deacon from 1799 until his death in 1834.
He married Esther Stowe on September 11, 1785, and they had many children. Their daughter Esther Stone married the Reverend Bennet Tyler. Before living in Middlebury, they had lived in Southbury, Connecticut.
He died on August 7, 1834, and is buried in the Middlebury Cemetery.