Johannes-Rudolf Mühlenkamp (9 October 1910 – 23 September 1986) was a Waffen-SS officer and divisional commander during World War II and a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves of Nazi Germany.
Born in 1910, Mühlenkamp joined the NSDAP (Nazi Party) and the SS in April 1933 (party number 2,800,042 and the SS service number 86,065) and was posted to the SS-Verfügungstruppe (SS-VT) in 1934. Mühlenkamp was assigned to the Germania Regiment (SS Division Leibstandarte) in November 1937, and to the SS Division Das Reich. Between August and October 1944 he was as commander of the Wiking division. His last command was the SS Division 30 January in 1945.
- Iron Cross of 1939 2nd class (3 October 1939) & 1st class (11 November 1939)
- German Cross in Gold on 2 January 1942 as SS-Hauptsturmführer in the Aufklärungs-Abteilung SS-Division "Reich"
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 3 September 1942 as SS-Sturmbannführer and commander of the SS-Panzer-Abteilung 5 "Wiking"
- 596th Oak Leaves on 21 September 1944 as SS-Standartenführer and division leader of the 5. SS-Panzer-Division "Wiking"
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (11 July 1944)
- Thomas 1998, p. 98.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 317.
- ^ Scherzer 2007, p. 553.