|Intro||German fighter ace and Knight's Cross recipient|
|Birth||May 7, 1914 (Człuchów)|
|Death||October 7, 1942 (Russia)|
Joachim "Gnom" Wandel (7 May 1914 – 7 October 1942) was a German Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Joachim Wandel was killed on 7 October 1942 when he was shot down and crashed near Oschtaschkow, Russia. He was credited with 75 victories, 5 over the Western Front and 70 over the Eastern Front.
- Spanish Cross in Silver with Swords
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (28 May 1942)
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe in Gold
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- German Cross in Gold (27 July 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 21 August 1942 as Hauptmann and Staffelkapitän of the 5./Jagdgeschwader 54
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 436.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 767.