Joachim Król (born 17 June 1957 in Herne, Germany) is a German actor, known for his appearances in the films Run Lola Run, Maybe, Maybe Not, and Anne Frank: The Whole Story.
Early life and education
Król was born in Herne, Germany and studied from 1981 to 1984 at the Otto-Falckenberg-Schule in Munich. His father was a miner of Polish descent.
Król is best known as a film and television actor. In 1993, he starred in the film No More Mr. Nice Guy. In the 1998 film, Run Lola Run, Król portrayed the homeless man, Norbert von Au. He is also known for playing Hermann van Pels in the TV film Anne Frank: The Whole Story (2001). Despite his notable cinema and television success, Król returns repeatedly to the stage. Several times he has played in the Bochumer Schauspielhaus and the Schauspielhaus Köln.
Król is married to Heidrun Teusner Król, with whom he has a son, Tom.
- Wherever You Are... (1988) as Eduard
- Deadly Maria (1993) as Dieter
- Maybe, Maybe Not (1994) as Norbert Brommer
- Nobody Loves Me (1994) as Anton
- Das Superweib (1996) as Dr. Enno Winkel
- When the Light Comes (1998) as Lars
- Trains'n'Roses (1998) as Hannes
- Run Lola Run (1999) as Norbert von Au
- Gloomy Sunday (1999) as Laszlo
- The Princess and the Warrior (2000)
- Anne Frank: The Whole Story (2001)
- Silentium (2004)
- The Three Robbers (2007) as Rauber (voice)
- Adam Resurrected (2008)
- Friends Forever (2009) as Waldemer (voice)
- Henri 4 (2010) as Théodore Agrippa d'Aubigné
- Tom Sawyer (2011) as Muff Potter
- Donna Leon (TV series) (2000-2003) Episodes 1, 2, 3 & 4 of the Commissario Brunetti Series as Commissario Brunetti.
- Tatort (crime series) (2011-2015) 7 episodes
- 1994: Won: Bavarian Film Awards, Best Actor 
- 2007: Won: Hessian Film Award, Best Actor, (for Windland)