Jill Townsend (born January 25, 1945) is an American actress best known for her roles as Elizabeth Chynoweth in Poldark and Dulcey Coopersmith in the 1967 western television series Cimarron Strip.
Life and career
Townsend was born in Santa Monica, California. Her father, Robert Townsend, a former head of Avis, wrote the bestseller Up The Organization.
She was married to actor Nicol Williamson between 1971 and 1977. Her son Luke was born in 1973, but in 1976 she and Nicol Williamson parted temporarily, after Townsend began a relationship with Alan Price, her co-star in Alfie Darling.
Townsend ended her acting career in 1985. She studied at the London School of Journalism and worked as a journalist for the Daily Mail, contributing a page for the financial section. She moved back to the United States in 1989.
She worked as a council trainer and facilitator at Crossroads School, Santa Monica, California and several others schools from 1989 to 1995.
She has been Director of Leadership Directories, Inc. since 1993.
She is currently married to Bob Sorel.
- 1967 The Spirit Is Willing as Jenny/Priscilla Weems/Carol Weems
- 1972 Sitting Target as Maureen
- 1975 Alfie Darling as Abby Summers
- 1976 The Seven-Per-Cent Solution as Mrs. Holmes
- 1980 The Awakening as Anne Corbeck
- 1966 The Girl from U.N.C.L.E.: Sherilee
- 1967 Ironside: Betty
- 1967 Cimarron Strip: Dulcey Coopersmith
- 1968 The Wild Wild West: Sylvia Nolan
- 1969 The Virginian: Roseanna
- 1969 Bonanza: Abigail Hought
- 1970 "Family Affair": Annie Williams
- 1972 The Golden Bowl: Maggie Verver
- 1972 The Protectors: Monica Davies
- 1975 The Sweeney: Jenny Peters
- 1975 Poldark: Elizabeth Chynoweth
- 1977 Space: 1999: Sahala
- 1985 Scarecrow and Mrs. King