Jennifer Leigh Hammon is an American-born actress known for her work on the daytime soap opera Port Charles (1997–99) and as the lead in the 1997 film Allyson Is Watching.
Jennifer Hammon was born in Orlando, Florida and attended Winter Park High School in the early 1990s and was a member of International Thespian Society Troupe 850 (other notable alums include Amanda Bearse, Billy Gardell, and Ben Rock from The Blair Witch Project). She received her bachelor of fine arts degree from Florida State University, where she appeared in many theatrical productions.
Hammon always knew that she wanted to be an actress; and at the age of 15, began auditioning and won the role of a "bubble-headed cheerleader" in cable's Super Force. Other television credits include the CBS daytime soap opera The Young and the Restless, and in the television movie, Killing Mr. Griffin.
Jennifer studied acting at the famed Beverly Hills Playhouse. She was first noticed when she accepted the role of Dr. Karen Wexler Cates on the daytime soap opera Port Charles from June 1997 to 1999. When Hammon declined a contract in 1999, the role was recast, with Marie Wilson assuming the role.
Hammon's theatrical credits include Parenthood, The Bodyguard and Wilder Napalm.
- Allyson Is Watching (1997) (as Jennifer Leigh Hammon) as Allyson Roper
- Artie (2000) as Kristen
- Mach 2 (2001) as Gina Kendall
- Killing Mr. Griffin (1997) (TV movie) as Bree Gunderson
- General Hospital (1997, 1999) as Karen Wexler Cates
- Port Charles (1997–99) as Karen Wexler Cates
- JAG ("Drop Zone") (2000) as Krista Barron
- Star Trek: Voyager ("Author, Author") (2001) as Female N.D.