peoplepill id: jan-galle
Jan Galle (1600–1676) was a Flemish engraver, a son and pupil of Theodoor Galle, was born at Antwerp, and died there in 1676.
Among his plates are:
- The Wise and Foolish Virgins; after Marten de Vos.
- Twelve plates of Old Testament History.
- Christ surrounded by the Instruments of His Passion.
- The fat Cook and the thin Cook; after P. Brueghel the elder.
- Lubricitas Vitae Humanae; after the same. 1553.
- Judith giving the Head of Holofernes to a Slave; after H. Goltzius.
comments so far.