Horst Viktor von Usedom (9 March 1906 – 14 October 1970) was a highly decorated Generalmajor in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the 12th Panzer Division. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (22 September 1939)
- 1st Class (30 May 1940)
- Wound Badge (1939)
- in Black
- Infantry Assault Badge
- Eastern Front Medal
- German Cross in Gold on 29 January 1945 as Oberst in Panzergrenadier-Regiment 108
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 31 December 1941 as Major and commander of Kradschützen Battalion 61
- 809th Oak Leaves on 28 March 1945 as Oberst and commander of Panzer Brigade "Kurland"
- ^ Thomas 1998, p. 398.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 484.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 347.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 83.