Horst Sachtleben (born 24 September 1930) is a German actor and director. Born in Berlin where he also studied theory of drama, Germanic philology and history of art.
Sachtleben had various engagements at the Hebbel-Theater in Berlin, Schauspielhaus in Zürich, Bayerischen Staatsschauspiel in Munich and many more.
In 1977 Sachtleben was nominated for the Bavarian Actor Award.
Sachtleben played the role of the bishop in the ARD series Um Himmels Willen (Helmut Metzger, Ulrich König).
Sachtleben has worked alongside Caroline Link (Jenseits der Stille), Matti Geschonneck (Jenseits der Liebe), Vivian Naefe (Eine ungehorsame Frau), Dennis Gansel (Das Phantom), Kai Wessel (Mein Bruder, der Idiot), Rolf Silber (Ein Sommertraum) and many more.
In 2004 Sachtleben shot the filmlet Vorletzter Abschied (Heiko Hahn), which was shown on several festivals and won the German filmlet award 2005.
In 2005 Sachtleben toured with the play Ein Inspektor kommt (Barry Goldmann).
Sachtleben staged Maria Magdalena at the Residenztheater in Munich among other.
- Derrick - Season 2, Episode 01: "Mitternachtsbus" (1975)
- Derrick - Season 3, Episode 11: "Das Superding" (1976)
- Derrick - Season 5, Episode 10: "Der Spitzel" (1978)
- Derrick - Season 8, Episode 09: "Der Untermieter" (1981)
- Um Himmels Willen (TV series) - Season 1- (2002- )