Herman I (died 996 AD), called Pusillus or the Slender, was the Count Palatine of Lotharingia, and of several counties along the Rhine, including Bonngau, Eifelgau, Mieblgau, Zülpichgau, Keldachgau, Alzey, and Auelgau. From 945 AD until his death in 996 AD.
He was the son of Erenfried II and Richwara of Zülpichgau. He was first married to Heylwig von Dillingen; secondly, to Dietbirg of Swabia. He left four sons and one daughter:
- Ezzo (Erenfried), Count Palatine of Lotharingia from 1015 until 1034
- Hezzelin I (sometimes called Hezilo, Hermann or Heinrich) Count of Zülpichgau (d. 1033). He married a daughter of Conrad I, Duke of Carinthia.
- Hermann II im Keldachgau, Vogt of Deutz (d. 1040)
- Adolf I of Lotharingia, Count of Keldachgau, Vogt of Deutz (1008–1018)
- Richenza of Lotharingia, Abbess of Nivelles