peoplepill id: herbert-huppertz
German fighter ace and Knight's Cross recipient
|Intro||German fighter ace and Knight's Cross recipient|
|Birth||3 June 1919, Rheydt|
|Death||8 June 1944, Caen (aged 25 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
Herbert Huppertz (3 June 1919 – 8 June 1944) was a German Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves during World War II. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Herbert Huppertz claimed 68 victories including 32 over the Eastern Front. He was shot down on 8 June 1944. Huppertz was posthumously promoted to Major and awarded the Oak Leaves to his Knight's Cross on 24 June 1944.
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (26 April 1941)
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (30 May 1940)
- 1st Class (9 October 1940)
- German Cross in Gold on 26 December 1943 as Hauptmann in the 8./Jagdgeschwader 2
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Knight's Cross on 30 August 1941 as Leutnant and pilot in 12./Jagdgeschwader 51
- 512th Oak Leaves on 24 June 1944 as Hauptmann and Gruppenkommandeur of III./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"
- ^ Thomas 1997, p. 315.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 203.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 197.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 72.
comments so far.