Henry A. Fischel (November 20, 1913 - March 20, 2008) was professor emeritus of Near Eastern languages and cultures at Indiana University.
Fischel was an influential figure in founding the Jewish Studies Program at Indiana University. Under his direction, the Lilly Endowment gave the university a grant in 1972-73 to develop a Jewish Studies Program. Professor Fischel lived in Bloomington, Indiana until his death in 2008.
Rabbinic Literature and Greco-Roman Philosophy: A Study of Epicurea and Rhetorica in Midrash (Leiden, 1973).
- -- Essays in Greco-Roman and Related Talmudic Literature, ed. by Henry A. Fischel, (New York: KTAV Publishing, 1977)
- -- "Story and History: Observations on Greco-Roman Rhetoric and Pharisaism." Denis Sinor, editor. American Oriental Society, Middle West Branch, Semi-Centennial Volume. Bloomington, IL; 1969; pp. 59–78.
- ---. Story and History: Observations on Greco-Roman Rhetoric and Pharisaism. In Henry Fischel, editor. Essays in Greco-Roman and Related Talmudic Literature. New York: Ktaw; 1977; pp. 443–472
- --"Studies in Cynicism and the Ancient Near East: the Transformation of a Chria." In Religions in Antiquity: Essays in Memory of Erwin Ramsdell Goodenough 372-411. 1968. Leiden.
- ---. "The Uses of Sorites (Climax, Gradatio) in the Tannaitic Period." Hebrew University College Annual. 1973; 44:119-151.
- --- The First Book of . Fischel, Henry A. (Henry Schocken Books, 1948.