Henrik Schwarz (born May 31, 1972) is a deep house and classical (crossover) producer and DJ from Bodensee, Germany. His career began in the early 1990s. He has made remixes for artists and bands including Coldplay, Mary J. Blige and Foals. In 2017, he worked with songwriter/producer Jarrah McCleary (or Panama).
Since 2002, Henrik Schwarz has had over 100 music releases and productions as an artist for labels such as Warner Music, Universal Music, Motown, Sony/BMG, !K7, Verve Records, as well as independent labels such as Defected Records, Innervisions, Ninja Tune, G-Stone, Compost Records and many more. Schwarz’s early years culminated in 2006 with a mix for DJ-Kicks CD series. In 2007, he released Henrik Schwarz Live, which documented his shift from DJ to dynamic live laptop performer. Henrik Schwarz has partnered with !K7 to launch a new label, Between Buttons. Focusing on acoustic sounds and contemporary classical music, the label’s first release is an EP from Schwarz himself, titled Works Piano, followed by an EP entitled Aphorisms by Syrian artists Khaled Kurbeh & Raman Khalaf Ensemble.
- Henrik Schwarz Live (CD, Ltd, Promo) (Sunday Music Records, 2005)
- Wesseltoft & Schwarz – Duo (Jazzland Recordings, 2011)
- Wesseltoft, Schwarz, Berglund – Trialogue (Jazzland Recordings, 2014)
- Instruments (Music On Vinyl Classical/Sony Classical/Sunday Music Records, 2015)
- DJ-Kicks: Henrik Schwarz (Studio !K7, 2006)