peoplepill id: hellmuth-maeder
|Birth||5 July 1908, Rotterode, Germany|
|Death||12 May 1984, Koblenz, Germany (aged 75 years)|
The details (from wikipedia)
Hellmuth Mäder (5 July 1908 – 12 May 1984) was a German general during World War II. He was a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords of Nazi Germany.
In 1956 Mäder joined the Bundeswehr, serving with the rank of Brigadegeneral and commanded of the Infanterieschule Hammelburg. His last rank before retirement was Generalleutnant. In 1974 he was arrested and convicted to two years imprisonment for money he embezzled in his position in the Bundeswehr as well as for inconsistencies in his expense reports. It was an accusation which he denied until he died on May 12, 1984 in Konstanz.
- Iron Cross (1939) 2nd Class (27 June 1941) & 1st Class (1 August 1941)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
- Knight's Cross on 3 April 1942 as Major and commander of the III./Infanterie-Regiment 522
- 560th Oak Leaves on 27 August 1944 as Oberst and leader of the Lehr-Brigade Nord/Heeresgruppe Waffenschule Nord and at the same time combat commander of Schaulen
- 143rd Swords on 18 April 1945 as Generalmajor and commander of the Führer-Grenadier-Division
comments so far.