Hariton Pushwagner is the artist pseudonym of Terje Brofos (born May 2, 1940), a Norwegian pop art artist.
Pushwagner finished his education at the State's School of Art and Design of Oslo in 1959. He states that he quit drawing for a period after his studies, and that he struggled for several years to find his personal style.
Pushwagner describes himself as a spiritual student of Norwegian author Axel Jensen, whom he met in 1968. He has illustrated Jensen's book Og resten står skrivd i stjernene/And the Rest is Writ(ten) in the Stars (1995)
Pushwagner won back the rights to his drawings from Morten Dreyer in Oslo Courthouse 10.29.2009.
In July 2012, London-based publisher Art / Books published an extensive monograph on his work to coincide with an exhibition at MK Gallery in Milton Keynes that subsequently toured to Haugar Vestfold Kunstmuseum in Norway and Museum Boijmans van Beuningen in the Netherlands.
Education and further studies
- 1958-61, Norwegian National Academy of Craft and Art Industry, Oslo, Norway
- 1963-66, Norwegian National Academy of Fine Arts, Oslo, Norway
- 1970-80, Studies, London, UK and Stockholm, Sweden
- 1988-89, Studies, New York City, United States
- 1991-92, Cité internationale des Arts, Paris, France