Hannes Seifert (born 28 October 1971) is an Austrian video game developer, musician, and producer. He co-founded neo Software which became Rockstar Vienna and part of Take Two in 2001. He started in 1987, co-founded a couple of companies, and is frequently referred to as Austria's most influential figure in the international games industry.
For the first decades of his career Seifert mostly worked with Niki Laber, another Austrian computer games veteran. Their latest enterprise was 2006 founded and announced games production company Games That Matter which was acquired by Koch Media in 2007 and turned into Deep Silver Vienna. He left Deep Silver end of January 2010 to join Square Enix at IO Interactive to work on the Hitman (video game series) where he became studio head.
Seifert was also credited as executive producer for the Xbox ports of Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City next to Sam Houser and as senior producer of the video game versions of the Max Payne franchise. Before that Seifert had already produced a large number of computer and video games.
Although Seifert is a well-known figure in the development scene his public appearances and interviews are rare.
- Hitman (2016) (Franchise Executive Producer)
- Hitman: ICA (2013) (Executive Producer)
- Hitman HD Trilogy (2013) (Executive Producer)
- Hitman Absolution (2012) (Executive Producer)
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days (2010) (Production Director)
- Cursed Mountain (2009) (Executive Producer)
- Manhunt 2 (2007) (Executive Producer)
- Max Payne 2 (2003) (Senior Producer)
- Grand Theft Auto III (2003) (Executive Producer)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (2003) (Executive Producer)
- Max Payne (2001) (Producer)
- The Sting! (2001) (Producer)
- Alien Nations (1999) (Producer, Music)
- Rent-A-Hero (1998) (Producer, Writer, Music)
- Whale's Voyage II (1995) (Producer, Lead Programmer, Music)
- Prototype (1995) (Producer, Music)
- Der Clou! (1994) (Producer, Music)
- Oscar (1994) (Music)
- Burntime (1993) (Music)
- Skunny Kart (1993) (Music)
- Whale's Voyage (1993) (Lead Programmer, Music)
- 1869 (1992) (Music)
- Hannes Seifert created a proprietary sound system and file format HSC.
- Chicken / Electronic Rats ripped the HSC music replay routines and created one of the most widely used FM music players and formats ever. It was used in many BBS intros, and the replay routines had interfaces in C, Pascal, and Assembler.
- Hannes Seifert was also credited as executive producer of Manhunt 2 by a former Rockstar employee. But he never officially claimed this credit.