God Nisanov (born 1972) is a Russian businessman, property developer, and billionaire.
He is the co-founder and chairman of the board of Kievskaya Ploshchad, LLC. Nisanov owns millions of square feet of commercial real estate in Moscow and is known in Russia as the King of Real Estate. Besides his remarkable business achievements in commercial property development, Nisanov also has vested interests in other areas and a strong interest in developments that contribute to local social and economic growth.
Early Life and education
God Nisanov was born in Azerbaijan in 1972. He studied at Baku Finance and Credit College and then at the Baku Institute of Law. After he graduated, Nisanov worked for a period of time in Azerbaijan and then opened a modest local shop, his first entrepreneurial venture. In the early 1990s, Nisanov relocated to Moscow where he began exploring other channels in the retail sector. After teaming up with another Azerbaijani businessman, Zarakh Iliev, Nisanov co-founded Kievskaya Ploshchad, LLC and began developing commercial real estate.
Over the years that followed, God Nisanov and Zarakh Iliev made several lucrative investments, including in shopping centers such as the Evropeyskiy and Elektronnyy Ray shopping centers. Nisanov and Illiev also developed hotels that include the Radisson Collection Hotel, Moscow and the Radisson Slavyanskaya. Nisanov has also invested in international bus stations and a range of projects geared to make a social impact. One of the Nisanov's most significant projects is Food City, the first agricultural cluster in Russia. Opened in 2014, Food City consists of a massive mall that contains a variety of facilities, including space for handling wholesale agricultural produce. In 2015, Nisanov opened Moskvarium, an aquarium that boasts the biggest oceanography and marine biology center in Europe.
Nisanov is married and has four children. He resides in Moscow. He spends his free time playing sports, diving, and riding horses.
God Nisanov has become known as a top Russian commercial real estate owner and has been given several honors and awards including:
- 2011 - The Taraggi Medal, a state award from the Republic of Azerbaijan for the support he provided to fellow Azerbaijani citizens.
- 2012 - A certificate of honor from Russian President Vladimir Putin for his role in the restoration of the Naval Cathedral of Saint Nicholas in Kronstadt.
- 2014 - The Order of Friendship from the Russian president for his role bringing investments to Russia and thus improving the Russian economy.
- 2014 - A leadership award at the Hotel Investment Conference for his work on the Radisson Collection and Radisson Slavyanskaya hotel projects.
- 2015 - The Fiddler on the Roof Award from the Federation of Jewish Communities of Russia in recognition of his philanthropic projects.
- 2015 - A memorial medal at the 70th anniversary of victory in World War Two for educating citizens about the war and helping veterans overcome socioeconomic challenges.
- 2016 - A state award from the Republic of Azerbaijan for his contributions to the Azerbaijani diaspora.
|Article Title:||God Nisanov: Russian businessman - Biography and Life|
|Author(s):||PeoplePill.com Editorial Staff|
|Publish Date:||11 Nov 2016|
|Date Accessed:||06 Jun 2020|