Glenn H. Mullin (born 1949, Quebec, Canada) is a Tibetologist who lived in the Indian Himalayas between 1972 and 1984, where he studied philosophy, literature, meditation, yoga, and the enlightenment culture under thirty-five of the great living masters from the four schools of Tibetan Buddhism. His two principal tantric gurus were the late masters Ling Rinpoche (1903-1983) and Trijang Rinpoche (1901-1981), who were best known as the senior and junior tutors of the present (14th) Dalai Lama. Mullin’s other teachers and initiation masters include the Dalai Lama, Sakya Trizin Rinpoche, Kalu Rinpoche, Ngakpa Yeshe Dorje Rinpoche, Tai Situ Rinpoche, Khenchen Konchok Gyaltsen, Geshe Ngawang Dargyey, Geshey Rabten, and Gongsar Tulku. (An Interview with Glenn H. Mullin, Tibetologist)
After returning to North America in 1984, Glenn founded The Mystical Arts of Tibet. This association, under his direction, facilitated music and dance tours of Tibetan *monks in North America. The first such tours to reach the west, they also included demonstrations of mandala sand paintings. In accordance with their primary purpose, these cultural exchanges contributed… “mystically to world peace and planetary healing” and they raised “an awareness of the Tibet situation," at that time. Moreover, the association generated funds for India’s refugee community and later dedicated its mission to the activities of Drepung Loseling, the largest of Tibet's monastic universities. (Faces and Lives of Glenn H. Mullin)
Glenn is the author of over twenty-five books on Tibetan Buddhism. Many of these focus on the lives and works of the early Dalai Lamas. Some of his other titles include Tsongkhapa's Six Yogas of Naropa and The Practice of Kalachakra (Snow Lion); Death and Dying: The Tibetan Tradition (Arkana/Viking Penguin); Mystical Verses of a Mad Dalai Lama (Quest Books); The Mystical Arts of Tibet (Longstreet Press); and The Fourteen Dalai Lamas, as well as The Female Buddhas (Clear Light Books). He has also worked as a field specialist on three Tibet-related films and five television documentaries, and has co-produced five audio recordings of Tibetan sacred music. In 2002 his book The Fourteen Dalai Lamas was nominated for the prestigious NAPRA award for best book, and in 2004 his book The Female Buddhas won a Best Book Award from Foreword Magazine.
Ten Books On the Lives & Works Of Early Dalai Lamas
- Selected Works of the Dalai Lama I
- Selected Works of the Dalai Lama II
- Selected Works of the Dalai Lama III
- Selected Works of the Dalai Lama VII
- Selected Works of the Dalai Lama XIII
- Training the Mind in the Great Way
- Mystical Verses of a Mad Dalai Lama
- The Fourteen Dalai Lamas
- Gems of Wisdom from the Seventh Dalai Lama
- A Drumbeat Resounding Total Victory'
Ten Books On Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy
- Tsongkhapa's Six Yogas of Naropa
- Readings of the Six Yogas of Naropa
- The Practice of Kalachakra
- Living and Dying: The Tibetan Tradition
- Six Texts on Arya Tara
- Meditations on the lower Tantras
- The Crystal Wishing Gem
- Advice from Buddha Shakyamuni
- The Trainings of a Novice Monk
- Four Songs to Jey Rinpoche
Four Books On Tibetan Buddhist Art
- The Art of Compassion
- The Mystical Arts of Tibet
- The Female Buddhas
- The Flying Mystics of Tibetan Buddhism
Dalai Lamas on Tantra
A compilation of selections from his translations is : Glen H. Mullin (tr.) : The Dalai Lamas on Tantra. Snow Lion Publ, Ithaca, 2006. The chapters of this book are entitled :
- chap.- Dalai- title
- 1st--- 13th-- "Brief Guide to the Buddhist Tantras"
- 2nd--- 7th--- "Stages in Practice of the Herukacakraśamvara Tantra"
- 3rd--- 2nd--- "Treatise on the Six Yoga-s of Niguma"
- 4th--- 3rd--- "Tantric Yogas of the Bodhisattva of Compassion"
- 5th--- 14th-- "Concerning Kālacakra Initiation"
- 6th--- 1st--- "Notes on the Two Yogic Stages of Glorious Kālacakra"
- 7th--- 5th--- "Hayagrīva Sealed-in-Secrecy Methods for Healing"
- 8th--- 2nd--- "The Two Yogic Stages of the Vajrabhairava Tantra"
- 9th--- 2nd--- "Living on the Essence of Flowers"
Tibetan art exhibits
- The Art of Compassion for Tibet House in New Delhi
Established by the Dalai Lama, The Tibet House preserves the unique cultural heritage of Tibet
Personal objects from the Dalai Lama, along with Ancient and modern Tibetan sacred art and ritual objects
An exploration of complex symbolism and the ever-rejuvenating vitality of feminine imagery in Tibetan religious art
Exhibition introduced the art of Mongolia as being a portal to the mystical land of Shambala
Tibetan art exhibition, inspired by historical anecdotes in Tibetan tradition that speak of mystics with powers of levitation and flight
Source: (Bruce Museum) (Central Tibetan Administration) (Cullum, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution) (Oglethorpe University)
- Essence of Refined Gold by Third Dalai Lama. (1978). Tushita Books.
- Path of the Bodhisattva Warrior: The Life and Teachings of the Thirteenth Dalai Lama. (1987). Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 978-0-937938-55-3.
- A Long Look Homeward, An Interview with the Dalai Lama of Tibet. (1978). Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 978-0-937938-58-4.
- Death and Dying (Arkana). (1988). Penguin (Non-Classics). ISBN 978-0-14-019013-7.
- The Practice of Kalachakra. (1991). Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 978-0-937938-95-9.
- Tsongkhapa's Six Yogas of Naropa. (1996). Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 978-1-55939-058-3. Kindle Digital Edition, 2005.
- Gems of Wisdom from the Seventh Dalai Lama (Tibetan Buddhist Philosophy). (1999). Glenn H. Mullin. ISBN 978-1-55939-132-0.
- The Fourteen Dalai Lamas: A Sacred Legacy of Reincarnation. (2001) Clear Light Publishers, Santa Fe, New Mexico. ISBN 1-57416-092-3.
- Mystical Verses of a Dalai Lama. (2003). Motilal Banarsidass, New Delhi. ISBN 978-81-7822-117-5.
- The Second Dalai Lama: His Life and Teachings. (2005). Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 978-1-55939-233-4.
- The Practice of the Six Yogas of Naropa. (2006). Snow Lion Publications; 2nd edition. First edition 1977. ISBN 978-1-55939-256-3.
- The Flying Mystics of Tibetan Buddhism. (2006). Serindia Publications. ISBN 978-1-932476-18-7.
- The Dalai Lamas on Tantra (2006). Snow Lion Publications.
- Buddha in Paradise: A Celebration in Himalayan Art. (2007). Rubin Museum of Art. ISBN 978-0-9772131-1-5.
- Living in the Face of Death: The Tibetan Tradition. (1998). Snow Lion Publications. ISBN 978-1-55939-310-2. Also available in digital Kindle Edition.