Princess Gisela Maria Karolina Adelgunde of Bavaria (Full German name: Gisela Maria Karolina Adelgunde, Prinzessin von Bayern) (born 10 September 1964 at Schloss Leutstetten near Starnberg, Bavaria, Germany) is a Princess of Bavaria and member of the House of Wittelsbach by birth and a Princess of Saxe-Gessaphe and member of the House of Saxe-Gessaphe by marriage.
Gisela is the seventh and youngest child of Prince Rasso of Bavaria and his wife Archduchess Theresa of Austria. Through her father, Gisela is a great-granddaughter of Ludwig III, the last sovereign of the Kingdom of Bavaria.
Through her marriage, she is the Margravine of Meissen.
Princess Gisela was a guest at the 2011 wedding of Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia and Princess Sophie of Isenburg.
Marriage and issue
Gisela married Alexander de Afif, son of Roberto de Afif, Prince of Gessaphe and his wife Princess Anna of Saxony, civilly on 3 April 1987 in Mexico City, Mexico and religiously on 28 September 1987 at Andechs Abbey. Gisela and Alexander have four children:
- Prince Georg Philipp of Saxe-Gessaphe (b. Mexico City 24 May 1988)
- Prince Mauricio Gabriel Robert of Saxe-Gessaphe (b. Mexico City 14 Sep 1989)
- Prince Paul Clemens of Saxe-Gessaphe (b. Mexico City 23 Mar 1993)
- Princess Maria Teresita Anna Louise Caroline Lucardis of Saxe-Gessaphe (born Dresden 7 July 1999)
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 10 September 1964 – 3 April 1987: Her Royal Highness Princess Gisela of Bavaria
- 3 April 1987 – 1999: Her Royal Highness Gisela de Afif, Princess of Gessaphe, Princess of Bavaria
- 1999 – 23 July 2012: Her Royal Highness Princess Gisela of Saxe-Gessaphe, Princess of Bavaria
- 23 July 2012 – present: Her Royal Highness The Margravine of Meissen
|Ancestors of Gisela, Margravine of Meissen|