Hon. George W. Hayes (1847–1933) was a former slave and first black court crier in Cincinnati, Hamilton County, Ohio. Mr. Hayes married Mamie Forte in 1874 and they had five children. He later served three terms in the Ohio General Assembly, as a Republican. He and his family were members of the Union Baptist Church, Cincinnati. Hayes Elementary School in Cincinnati is named for him.
He is buried in the Union Baptist Cemetery in the Price Hill neighborhood of Cincinnati.