Quantcast
peoplepill id: george-w-conable
GWC
1 views today
1 views this week
George W. Conable
American architect

George W. Conable

George W. Conable
The basics

Quick Facts

Intro American architect
Was Architect
From United States of America
Field Engineering
Gender male
Birth 1866
Death 2 January 1933 (aged 67 years)
The details (from wikipedia)

Biography

George W. Conable (1866-1933), AIA, was an American architect practicing in New York City in the early to mid 20th century specializing in churches. In 1905 he was an assistant to noted architect Ernest Flagg and prepared plans and working drawings for the Singer Building. His office was at 15 Myrtle Avenue, Jamaica, Queens in the 1908, 46 West 24th Street in 1918. He entered into a brief partnership with Hobart Upjohn as the firm of Upjohn & Conable of 96 Fifth Avenue, New York, in 1911. He is best known as the architect of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (New York City) (1908) and Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church (1926)

Works as George W. Conable

  • 1908: German Evangelical Lutheran Church of 164 West 100th Street, 90 East Amsterdam Ave and 100th Street, a two-storey brick and stone church and parsonage for $50,000
  • 1916: Queensboro Hospital for Contagious Diseases, Parsons Boulevard and Grand Central Parkway in Jamaica, Queens.
  • 1918: 179-181 West Houston Street, single-storey office, for Congress Warehouse & Forwarding Co.; J. L Wolff, Pres of 474 West Broadway, for $5,000
  • 1919: 179-83 West Houston Street, single-storey brick garage, for Congress Warehouse & Forwarding Co.; J. L Wolff, Pres of 474 West Broadway, for $5,000
  • 1926: Messiah Evangelical Lutheran Church, 198-200 Sherman Avenue, two-story brick school and chapel for $40,000
  • 1926: Trinity Lutheran Church (Queens, New York), overseer for architect John William Cresswell Corbusier, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2008.
  • 1928: Jamaica Chamber of Commerce Building, listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

Works as Upjohn & Conable

  • 1909: Rye Town Park-Bathing Complex and Oakland Beach, added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003.
  • 1911: a brick and stone fence rear of brick residence, 546 West 153rd Street for Washington Heights Evangelical Lutheran Church of 546 West 153rd Street for $250
The contents of this page are sourced from Wikipedia article on 23 May 2020. The contents are available under the CC BY-SA 4.0 license.
comments so far.
Comments
From our partners
Sponsored
Sections George W. Conable

arrow-left arrow-right instagram whatsapp myspace quora soundcloud spotify tumblr vk website youtube pandora tunein iheart itunes