peoplepill id: georg-stadtmueller
|Was||Historian Historian Historian|
|Birth||17 March 1909, Bürstadt, Kreis Bergstraße, Darmstadt Government Region, Hesse|
|Death||1 November 1985, Munich, Upper Bavaria, Bavaria, Germany (aged 76 years)|
|Politics||Nazi Party, Christian Social Union of Bavaria|
The details (from wikipedia)
Georg Stadtmüller (Bürstadt, Hessen, March 17, 1909 - Passau, November 1, 1985) was German historian and Albanologist.
He studied German history, classic and oriental philology and history in Freiburg in period 1927-1931. He was president of History department on Munich University, specialist for history of European Orient and history of Albanians. In his 1942 work he published the controversial thesis in which he traced the origin of Albanians back to the region of Mat. Stadtmüller and Stavro Skendi supported controversial assertion about crypto-religious groups existing in the Balkans in all places where population converted to Islam.
- Michael Choniates, Metropolit von Athen. 1934 by Pont. Institutum Orientalium Studiorum
- Forschung zur albanischen Frühgeschichte, Budapest, 1942
- Die Islamisierung bei den Albanern
- Geschichte Südosteuropas, München 1950
- Das albanische Nationalkonzil vom Jahre 1703, Orientalia Christiana Periodica. XXII (1956),
comments so far.