|A.K.A.||Ernst II. Leopold von Hessen-Rotenburg|
|Birth||January 1, 1684 (Bad Schwalbach, Rheingau-Taunus-Kreis, Darmstadt Government Region, Hesse)|
|Death||January 1, 1749 (Rotenburg an der Fulda, Hersfeld-Rotenburg, Kassel Government Region, Hesse)|
Ernst Leopold of Hesse-Rotenburg (15 June 1684 – 29 November 1749) was landgrave of Hessen-Rheinfels-Rotenburg between 1725 and 1749.
Born in Langenschwalbach, he was a son of landgrave William of Hesse-Rotenburg and Maria Anna of Löwenstein-Wertheim (1652–1688).
He died in Rotenburg in 1749.
Marriage and issue
He married his first cousin Eleonore of Löwenstein-Wertheim (1686-1753), in Frankfurt, on November 9, 1704. They had 10 children;
- Joseph of Hesse-Rotenburg, Hereditary Prince of Hesse-Rotenburg (1705–1744), married Christina van Salm had issue.
- Polyxena of Hesse-Rotenburg, Queen of Sardinia, (1706–1735) married Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia had issue.
- Wilhelmine Magdalene Leopoldina of Hesse-Rotenburg (1707–1708) died in infancy.
- Wilhelm of Hesse-Rotenburg (1708) died in infancy.
- Sophie of Hesse-Rotenburg (1709–1711) died in infancy.
- Franciscus Alexander of Hesse-Rotenburg (1710–1739) died unmarried.
- Eleonora of Hesse-Rotenburg (1712–1759) married John Christian, Count Palatine of Sulzbach no issue.
- Caroline of Hesse-Rotenburg (1714–1741) married Louis Henri de Bourbon had issue.
- Constantine of Hesse-Rotenburg, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg (1716–1778), his successor
- Christine of Hesse-Rotenburg (1717–1778) married Louis Victor of Savoy and has issue.
Through his eldest daughter, his present descendants include the Claimant Duke of Parma; the Pretending King of the Two Sicilies and the reigning Grand Duke of Luxembourg. His youngest daughter is also an ancestress of the above.