Eric "Badlands" Booker (born c. 1969), was born in Jamaica, Queens and is an American hip hop artist and record-holding competitive eater.
Competitive eating career
Booker trains for competitions by trying to stretch his stomach and develop jaw strength. He eats large amounts of fruit and vegetables and drinks a gallon of water in a sitting in order to stretch his stomach, and chews over twenty pieces of gum at a time to build jaw strength. He maintains that competitive eating is a healthy sport, and has lost weight since he began competing. He is presently ranked 10th by the IFOCE.
Some of Booker's accomplishments include:
- Burritos: 15 Qdoba burritos / 8 minutes
- Candy bars: Two Pounds Chocolate Candy Bars / 6 minutes
- Cannoli: 16.5 cannoli in six minutes / 2004
- Corned Beef Hash: 4 pounds of hash / 1 minute 58 seconds
- Cheesecake (Mini): 50 Mini-Cheesecakes / 6 minutes
- Doughnuts: 49 glazed doughnuts / 8 minutes
- Hamentaschen: 50 Hamentaschen / 6 minutes
- Matzo balls (Ben's Deli): 21 baseball-sized (half-pound) matzo balls / 5 minutes, 25 seconds / 2003
- Matzo Balls (Ruthie & Gussie's): 30 matzo balls / 5 minutes, 25 seconds
- Raw Onions: 8.5 ounces Maui Onions (three onions)/ Whalers Village / 1 minute/ Aug. 8, 2004
- Peas: 9.5 one-pound bowls / 12 minutes
- Pumpkin pies: 4⅜ Entenmann's Pumpkin Pies / 12 Minutes/ Nov. 22, 2004
- http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/foodwine/2002527620_eating29m.html Eating champs to chow down at Everett wingding by Brian Alexander
- http://archives.starbulletin.com/2004/08/04/features/story2.html The Totally Earnest Eater by Pat Gee
- ^ International Federation of Competitive Eating, Eater Profiles: Eric Booker. Copyright 2004. http://www.ifoce.com/eaters.php?action=detail&sn=14
- ^ Amy's Robot (blog) Robot-on-the-Spot: The World Cheesecake Eating Championship. http://amysrobot.com/archives/2004/09/robotonthespot_the_world_chees.php
- The Jewish Advocate; April, 2005: by Nogg, Ozzie. Matzah ball-eating contest proves mother was right; Eric Booker cleans his plate, eats 21 matzah balls in five minutes. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb5090/is_/ai_n18506795
Outside of competitive eating, Booker is an aspiring independent hip-hop recording artist. Badland has released multiple albums for Hungry and Focused to Extended Play and is still coming out with new songs. He works full-time as a conductor on the Number 7 Subway Train in New York City. Booker has appeared on the television series Wife Swap and Last Call with Carson Daly, where he served as announcer and "Eater in Residence."
Booker lives with his wife, Regina and son, Brandon on Long Island.