Edwin Thiel (19 June 1913 – 14 July 1944) was a German Luftwaffe ace and recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross during World War II. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Edwin Thiel was killed on 14 July 1944 after bailing out of his plane after it was hit by Soviet flak. During his career he was credited with 76 victories in 300 missions.
- Front Flying Clasp of the Luftwaffe
- Ehrenpokal der Luftwaffe (15 June 1942)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- German Cross in Gold on 9 September 1942 as Leutnant in the I./Jagdgeschwader 51
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross on 16 April 1943 as Oberleutnant and Staffelführer of the 2./Jagdgeschwader 51 "Mölders"
- Obermaier 1989, p. 215.
- Patzwall & Scherzer 2001, p. 473.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 421.
- Scherzer 2007, p. 741.