|A.K.A.||Sachsen-Altenburg, Herzogin Maria Louise Friderike|
|Birth||31 March 1803, Ludwigslust, Germany|
|Death||26 October 1862, Meiningen, Germany (aged 59 years)|
Duchess Marie Louise of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (German: Herzogin Marie Luise Friederike Alexandrine Elisabeth Charlotte Catherine Mecklenburg-Schwerin; 31 March 1803 – 26 October 1862) was daughter of Frederick Louis, Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and consort of Georg, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg.
Marie Louise was born at Ludwigslust, Mecklenburg-Schwerin, second child and first daughter of Frederick Louis, Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (1778–1819), (son of Frederick Francis I, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Princess Louise of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg) and his wife, Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna of Russia (1784–1803), (daughter of Paul I of Russia and Duchess Sophie Dorothea of Württemberg).
Marie Louise married 7 October 1825 at Ludwigslust to Georg, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (1796–1853), son of Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg, and his wife, Duchess Charlotte Georgine of Mecklenburg-Strelitz.
They had three children:
- Ernst I, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (b. Hildburghausen, 16 September 1826 – d. Altenburg, 7 February 1908); married Princess Agnes of Anhalt-Dessau.
- Prince Albrecht Frederick August (b. Hildburghausen, 31 October 1827 – d. Ludwigslust, 28 May 1835).
- Prince Moritz of Saxe-Altenburg (b. Eisenberg, 24 October 1829 – d. Arco, Italy, 13 May 1907); married Princess Augusta of Saxe-Meiningen.
Titles and styles
- 31 March 1803 – 7 October 1825: Her Highness Duchess Marie Louise of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
- 7 October 1825 – 30 November 1848: Her Highness Duchess George of Saxe-Altenburg
- 30 November 1848 – 3 August 1853: Her Highness The Duchess of Saxe-Altenburg
- 3 August 1853 – 26 October 1862: Her Highness The Dowager Duchess of Saxe-Altenburg