|Intro||Duchess of Württemberg|
|Birth||28 June 1799 (Wolany, Lower Silesian Voivodeship)|
|Death||28 November 1848 (Altenburg)|
Amalie Therese Louise Wilhelmina Philippine of Württemberg (28 June 1799, Wallisfurth – 28 November 1848, Altenburg) was a Duchess of Württemberg and an ancestor of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, Queen Sofía of Spain and five Kings of Greece.
She was a daughter of Duke Louis of Württemberg and Princess Henrietta of Nassau-Weilburg.
Marriage and children
She married on 24 April 1817, at Kirchheim unter Teck, with Joseph, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg (1789–1868).
Amalie and Joseph had six daughters:
- Alexandrine Marie Wilhelmine Katharine Charlotte Therese Henriette Luise Pauline Elisabeth Friederike Georgine (b. Hildburghausen, 14 April 1818 - d. Gmunden, 9 January 1907), married on 18 February 1843 to King George V of Hanover
- Pauline Friederike Henriette Auguste (b. Kirchheim unter Teck, 24 November 1819 - d. Hildburghausen, 11 January 1825)
- Henriette Friederike Therese Elisabeth (b. Hildburghausen, 9 October 1823 - d. Altenburg, 3 April 1915)
- Elisabeth Pauline Alexandrine (b. Hildburghausen, 26 March 1826 - d. Oldenburg, 2 February 1896), married on 10 February 1852 to Peter II, Grand Duke of Oldenburg
- Alexandra Friederike Henriette Pauline Marianne Elisabeth [upon her marriage, she took the name Alexandra Iosifovna in a Russian Orthodox baptism] (b. Altenburg, 8 July 1830 - d. St.Petersburg, 6 July 1911), married on 11 September 1848 to Grand Duke Konstantin Nikolayevich of Russia
- Luise (b. Altenburg, 4 June 1832 - d. Hummelshain, 29 August 1833)
Amalia died on 28 November 1848 at the age of 49 in Altenburg. Her husband decided two days later to abdicate in the favor of his brother George, Duke of Saxe-Altenburg. Joseph died in 1868 at Altenburg.
|Ancestors of Duchess Amelia of Württemberg|
Duchess Amelia of Württemberg
House of WürttembergBorn: 28 June 1799 Died: 28 November 1848
Title last held byElisabeth Sophie of Saxe-Altenburg
|Duchess consort of Saxe-Altenburg |
29 September 1834 – 28 November 1848
|Succeeded by |
Marie Louise of Mecklenburg-Schwerin