Dito Godwin (born 1955) is an American multi-platinum award winning record producer, Executive and Musician, best known for his production works with Mötley Crüe, Peter Criss and Ace Frehley of Kiss, Great White, and more recently No Doubt, Kevin Carlberg, The Stick People and Kristy Lee Cook of American Idol.
Godwin started his career in New York as a musician touring with names like Black Sabbath before turning to the administrative and production roles he has worked in for over 25 years in the industry. He has also taught at UCLA, University of Sound Arts, LACC, Southern Oregon University, and guest spoken at NXNW, SXSW, LAMP and many other music conventions nationwide.
In 2003 Godwin consulted with Tony Brown (then President of MCA Records) choosing material for Wynonna Judd's upcoming CD and represented Susan Gibson, writer of The Dixie Chicks smash hit "Wide Open Spaces".
Dito Godwin was nominated for a directorial award in 2005 for a live music video, "Formula", from the El Rey theater in Los Angeles, CA and is heavily referenced in the 2008 book "Gwen Stefani And No Doubt - A Simple Kind Of Life" written by Jeff Apter.
Having worked and produced with most of the Major record labels, Godwin was also the Director A&R and General Manager of TNT Records in the 1990s and in 2008 he founded EFM Records and is working with several established Artists to release in 2009 on the EFM Record label.
Other 2009 projects include producing a celebrity filled CD with recording Artist and "Stand Up to Cancer" organization supporter Kevin Carlberg, in which all proceeds will be contributed to fighting cancer. Godwin also produced Carlberg's solo CD in early 2008.
- 1982: Mötley Crüe, Too Fast for Love, Promotion
- 1990: Wildside, Heavy Metal Thunder, HBO
- 1990: Wildside,“KID”, Tapestry Film.
- 1990: St Elmos Fire, Warning from the Sky, C.B.S. France
- 1991: Tony Newton, Newtons Law, Interscope
- 1992: Circus, Tonight!, Eire
- 1992: No Doubt, No Doubt, Interscope
- 1994: Christine Lunde, Butterflies Are Free, Capitol Records
- 1995: Wildside, Wildside, Capitol/T.N.T.
- 1995: Ace Frehley (Kiss), Cat 1, T.N.T.
- 1995: Peter Criss (Kiss), Cat 1 (album), T.N.T. Rec.
- 1996: Great White, Let It Rock, JVC
- 1996: Tim Bogart, Soul of Bass, RCA
- 1996: Jack Russell, Shelter Me, R.C.A. Japan
- 1997: Jani Lane (Warrant), Jabberwocky, C.M.C.
- 2002: Leif Garrett, F8, Indie Release
- 2003: No Doubt, Singles (tk.15), Interscope
- 2004: Butterfly, I Can’t Make You Love Me, A&M
- 2004: Charley Pride, Charley Pride, RCA
- 2006: Eric Martsolf, Eric Martsolf, Star of “Passions” (NBC)
- 2008: Sick at He\art, Brutality Step 1, My Name Is Bruce (Campbell) film
- 2008: Kristy Lee Cook, Kristy Lee Cook, American Idol
- 2009: Kevin Carlberg, It's for the Better (Single), EFM Records
- 2009: The Stick People, Trust (Single - Limited Free Download), EFM Records
- 2010: The Stick People, Think About That (Single), EFM Records
- 2010: Hear Kitty Kitty, Moody (Single), EFM Records
- 2010: No Doubt, Icon, USA, Interscope
- 2013: The Stick People, Madness, EFM Records/Bungalo Records/Universal Music Group
- 2013: The Stick People, Think About That (Single - Limited Free Download), EFM Records/Bungalo Records/UMG
- 2013: Substereo, Fuel for the revolution, Gateway Music/Mavin Music