Dessi (Dessislava) Bell is a Bulgarian-born businesswoman and entrepreneur best known for co-founding Zaggora. She has received various business awards and designed sportswear that is currently sold worldwide. She has also served as philanthropist to charities aimed at empowering women across the world.
Dessi Bell, a former investment banker at JPMorganChase, moved from Bulgaria to London, England with her family in 1998. She later attended London School of Economics where she met Malcolm Bell. The couple married soon after and founded sportswear company Zaggora.
Zaggora launched in 2011 in London, UK. The company was named after Bell’s hometown Zagora. Bell played a central role in conceptualizing and developing Zaggora’s HotPants, sportswear that generates heat and helps users burn calories through exercise.
Dessi Bell has done philanthropy work with Gravis, a development organisation working for the empowerment of the Thar Desert communities in India. Bell first came in contact with Gravis while studying at the London School of Economics, at which time she took part in a program designed at assisting women in the Rajasthan region. A percentage of profits from Zaggora and online start-up Bijoux Place are currently donated to this program.
- National Business Award (E-commerce Strategy, 2012)
- 35 under 35 (Management Today, 2012)
- Women of the Future (Shell, 2012)
- Everywoman in Retail Awards (2012)
- 50 of the UK's Most Inspirational Female Entrepreneurs (FreeOfficeFinder, 2016)
- "The 28-year-old behind £10m-turnover Zaggora, sportswear that helps you lose weight". London Loves Business.
- "Everywoman in Retail Awards names finalists". Drapers.
- "50 of the UK's Most Inspirational Female Entrepreneurs". FreeOfficeFinder.