Daniel "Churchill" Ndambuki is a Kenyan comedian who hosts the comedy TV show Churchill Show on NTV Kenya. Churchill was born in Kitui town, but moved to Machakos. He has worked in the comedy industry since 1996 and has now become a household name in Kenya.
Daniel Ndambuki aka Churchill is one of the lucky Kenyans to be on Who Is Who List where according to the website whoswho.co.ke, the Machakos County born comedian studied at Mumbuni High School. Among the films he has featured in include: The First Grader (2010) and Malooned (2007).
Daniel Ndambuki, AKA Churchill, has become one of the most “sought after” comedian in Kenya today. He was born in Machakos and raised in Nairobi. He has a desire to help many aspiring and talented comedians achieve their dreams: recent entrants being “Chipo” and “Sleepy”. Churchill has done this by promoting young people through his signature show, Churchill Live which aired last on NTV. Churchill loves to see people succeed especially in the comedy industry and that is the reason why he created the “Laugh Industry”.
Churchill, together with KJ, Kajairo, Mudomo Baggy, and Nyambane, created “Red Kona”. This increased their fan-base. Churchill went to co-present with Maina Kageni on Classic 105 FM (Which he still does today) doubling up as “the Tea Lady-... Philigona” and as mwalimu King’angi. Churchill is estimated to be worth 300,000 . His average earnings have been estimated to average that of an MP a month.
He has assisted many comedians including the Omondi brothers (Eric and Fred). Churchill suffered a near setback back in November 2010 when he fell in the media glare after an apparently being lured into an orchestrated illicit romantic den.
He is rated number 14 among Kenya’s 100 most influential people with the current president topping the list.
He has nurtured and created his own characteristic brand of stand-up comedy. Churchill has cracked many Kenyan ribs with his "clean", family friendly shows.
CNN recently classified him as one Africa's funniest comedians
Number One Show
Churchill has brought a new and fresh style of comedy to the Kenyan airwaves and mainstream media since the early 2000, that has garnered him to hundreds of thousands to millions fans on Radio, TV and the internet. Churchill is now a Kenyan household names.
Ndambuki’s wide recognition as a comedian started heightening in all-time hit comedy show “Redykyulass” in which he acted alongside Walter Mongare(Nyambane), Peter Kaimenyi (Kajairo), Maurice Otieno (Mdomo Baggy), John Kiarie (KJ) and Anthony Njuguna. Ndambuki currently boasts a successive Live TV, the Churchill Live.
His hit show Churchill Live has increasingly become East Africa’s most popular and hilarious TV Show in addition to gaining momentous international interest from comedy enthusiasts in the US, the UK, India, Germany, and rest of the world.
He hosts a weekly NTV show "Churchill Show” with live recordings on Thursdays at the Carnivore Restaurant which has become “a must attend” event, Churchill's show is its fourth edition and currently the number one show in East and Central Africa with a viewership of 11,000,000 Kenyans across the country, according to ratings.
Churchill became the first Kenyan to hit 1,000,000 likes on Facebook, by now he has garnered over 2,000,000 fan base in social network Facebook. the highest of any individual celebrity in Kenya. He is also a CEO of his company Laugh Industry Kenya.
He has managed to win the hearts of Kenyan children and families by hosting a weekly segment on Churchill show dubbed “Toto’s corner” and also the hosting of Kids Festival which always sees a turnout of 55,000 plus kids and families.
Churchill Show Comedy TV program is now in Season 6 and has featured influential personalities, politicians and big entertainment names and all remarkable people across the socio-economic continuum “Interviews with Kenyan big names combined with a touch of Churchill's brand of comedy doused in comic brilliance on production makes it a programme on par with none. All the while not forgetting the lighter note in "Toto's corner".
Churchill as a mentor and pioneer in the industry of the genre, has managed to grow the comedy Industry in East Africa by scouting and nurturing talent. Initially with a talent search program dubbed ‘Top Comic’ that have put forward leading comedy brands, now there is the two weekly shows that air on TV i.e. #ChurchillShow & #ChurchillRaw…this offer a platform that acts as a spring board for the new talents and brands.
Working with a creative team of 20 mentors. The academy has managed to create 73 new comedians and counting, that have so far entered the market and are becoming household names with a thousands others still in training and more signing up everyday!
Awards and honors
The Churchill Comedy Brand has grown by leaps and bounds and garnered loads of awards and honours including but not limited to:
- 2015 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards)- Overall Personality of The Year
- 2015 Bingwa Music Awards (BMA) – Showbiz Personality Of The Year
- 2014 PRISK Award – for being a founding director
- 2014 Sanaa Theatre Awards – Best Production Of TV Comedy Recorded Before A Live Audience
- 2014 Cheka Awards – Best TV Stand-up Comedy Show
- 2014 Cheka Awards – Male TV Stand-up Comedian
- 2014 Kalasha Awards – Best TV Comedy
- 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards)- overall personality of the year
- 2014 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) –Most influential Media Personality
- 2014 Transform Kenya Awards -Winner in the Arts & Culture Category
- 2013 Cheka Awards -Winner Best TV Stand Up Comedy
- 2013 Cheka Awards -Comedy Mentor Award
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) - Winner Facebook Fan page Of the Year
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) - Overall Social Media Personality Of The Year
- 2013 Olx SOMA (Social Media Awards) - Television Show Of The Year
- 2013 Sanaa Theatre Awards - Best Comedy Kenyan Pig Cat And Dogs - Heartstrings Kenya
- 2012 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards - Winner Best Personal Branding Effort
- 2012 Kalasha Awards - Best TV Entertainment Churchill Live – Cinematic Solutions/ Laugh Industry
- 2012 UK Kenya Achievers Award For Excellence In Comedy
- 2011 State Commendation Award -Order Of The Grand Warrior (OGW)
- 2011 Marketing Society Of Kenya Awards -Best Personal Branding Award
- 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ TV Comedy Or Reality Show
- 2010 CHAT (Chaguo La Teeniez Awards) Winner Teeniez’ Role Model
- 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner -Best Comedy Program
- 2009 Kalasha Awards Winner - Best TV Program Overall
- 2007 Word Of Life Winner Theatre Person Of Year
- 1999 Mavuno Awards Winner Best Narrator
videos,interviews and more info